MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Repackbox
Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyLee PrecisionLoad Data
Titan Reloading Wideners

Thread: Lead smelter connector

Lead smelter connector

I posted a 'Free' ad in the Shopper looking for a lead melter of 20# capacity. I had a guy call with the stand and burner but no connector hose. He said that this was a plumbers pot and one ear of the pot is broken (not an issue) but what about the connector? I don't want to buy this ($20) and find out that it can't be adapted to the newer fittings for the #20 bottles. I know, at $20 it's not much of a risk but I'm having some money issues right now so I'm in conservation mode.

TIA for the help and the patience!
    Chiz

Ohio's BEST CCW resource: http://ohioccwforums.org/
    You can adapt anything to the newer or older propane bottles. All the new style QCC-1 tank valves that I have seen also have the old-style Prest-O-Lite female lefthand threads inside the valve to use either style of connector. You can buy the appropriate parts to adapt to either style on the Internet, a good hardware store, or an RV parts dealer.

There is a brass adapter fitting that screws into a P-O-L lefthand female connector valve that lets you hook up the QCC-1 "new-style" connector; I have one I use on the last remaining POL-valved tank I have that has not yet exceeded the certification date on the tank.

The last "rehab" I did on a weed burner involved me finding a regulator and hose/QCC-1 connector assembly from a junked rusted out BBQ grill I saw sitting by a dumpster on the way home from work. I like the QCC-1 style coupling better because they don't tend to leak and you don't need a wrench.
    Due to market fluctuations I am no longer buying range scrap jackets.

Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc