Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyRepackboxInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionWidenersRotoMetals2
Reloading Everything Load Data
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: RCBS lost their mind with price increases!!!!

Boolit Buddy
    I use a Waage melting pot. These hold a very constant temperature (+-10F) and are very reliable. Dipper only.

Banned

look at the price jump the magma pots took last year. the rcbs is still a bargin

Boolit Bub
    I don't have near the experience or knowledge most of you guys do, but my old (20+) Lee has done well for me. You can actually "lap" the spout and rod together to help eliminate the drip. A little JB bore paste made mine work great. Clean alloy (as mentioned before) is the other trick.

captainkirk

One thing I do like about Lee is that warranty where they refurbish an item for half the retail cost if its still in production. That seems like a really cool concept if it actually works.

Yaaaa Hoooo!!! I just found a brand new one for $329.99 so I ordered it and should be here in a few days. Im a happy man now!!! I gotta cast alot of boolits to pay for this now and I hope its realll goosd to me and lasts for a long long time.
    ** Please bear with me for a day or two if I dont reply quickly.**
    Mike B.
    Gun Control= Being able to hit your target.

Recently escaped from The People's Republik of Illinois, ...Now living in the Free State of Missouri
    Well, ...I hate to be a "wet blanket", ...but I have to point out that if one took a Lee Production Pot, ...and hooked it up to one of the PID Controllers that have been written about here, .....you would still have spent less than $330, …..and you would have a setup that would probably be more accurate than an RCBS pot by an order of magnitude!

Right now, a stock Lee pot works fine for me: .....But if I ever get super-serious about temperature control, .....I will solder up a PID controller for my plain, old, rebuildable Lee!

Kent
    KLC

“.....Nuttier than a squirrel turd.” - An assertion by a fellow forum member

Boolit Master

But the LEE would still hold 17 lbs and the RCBS hold 22. Can make a difference. And where exactly do you put the thermocouple in the LEE pot? Maybe I should upgrade my Magma too.

Quote Originally Posted by mikenbarb View Post
    Yaaaa Hoooo!!! I just found a brand new one for $329.99 so I ordered it and should be here in a few days. Im a happy man now!!! I gotta cast alot of boolits to pay for this now and I hope its realll goosd to me and lasts for a long long time.
    I know they are expensive but I will say I like my RCBS Pro Melt. And being me lol. I have to admit I got very lucky as I walked into a shooting range and low and behold they had a used one on a shelf that has seen some use so I asked about it and the person said it works great and it should it is an RCBS lol. So with a bit of worry I asked how much for the Green Heat Mister and he said hmmmmmm give me $50.oo for it so I did and ran out of the store sounding like Renfield he he he he lol. I have been usiing it now going on almost 2 years without a hitch.

I had the smaller Lee 10 pound pot with bottom pour and to be nice it got tossed in the garbage can lol. That was long before I found this site though lol. If I knew then what I know now I would have kept it and made a perch for it over the RCBS pot and ran both at the same time so any Drips from the Lee would just go in the RCBS pot and use the Lee to keep the RCBS pot full. Oh well