Lee PrecisionLoad DataWidenersTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2RepackboxSnyders JerkyReloading Everything
Inline Fabrication MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Boolit Master
    ^^ Sad stuff indeed Outer!!!
    In the loading room yesterday to do some 22-30 Oresky's..
    seems the eldest boys Contender has a bit More headspace than Mine!!! Now the rounds he fired need the Shoulder pushed back a bit!!!
    Believe it or not...I lost/misplaced/gave away, my shortened 222 Die.. off I go trying to locate another to "modify"
    Some fun now huh??

Cleaned up an older RCBS 5-10 by Ohaus that I received today.

Honed the pivot blades on an ultra fine stone just enough to clean them, added lead shot to the pan to get the scale zero with the body level.

Nice scale, everybody should have one.

Boolit Master
    Cast around 1000 Elco, 300 Lee 312-155, and 100 NOE 310 165 HP. Lubed a few and coated a few last night. Finishing will be this week's project

Boolit Master
    Loaded some 147 RN for 9mm trials in my guns. Got them from a really good member here too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm a Red Cross blood donor- are you? Make an appointment to donate today http://www.redcrossblood.org/make-donation
    http://www.redcrossblood.org/

FOR Disaster Relief DONATIONS-
    http://http://www.redcross.org/charitable-donations

South Central Alaska. on the north gulf coast
    Been running 223 brass through the chamber check gauge. Only have a couple of thousand more to check. I’m surprised that 5 to 10% just can’t be gotten to go. I’m new to rifle loading. Also cleaned my new AR after running a bunch of test round’s Sunday. Put a red dot dove tail mounting plate on my xdm 9. It took some fiddling around to get a solid platform within adjustment range. More testing is required.

Boolit Master
    Been casting my supply of 9mm bullets for the year. Half the total (6500) done this past week, the rest in the upcoming week. Then comes coating, sizing and loading. Good thing I’m a man of leisure.

Boolit Grand Master

loaded some 270 IHMSA with cast for my Model 7 Mountain rifle.

Old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway!

Men who don't understand women fall into two categories: bachelors and husbands!

Boolit Master

Shot some loads I have been working on was disappointed by both .

Load a was a Nosler 40 grain all copper bullet with red tip over load from Nosler for a 22 inch rifle in .221 fireball.
    I am shooting it in a 10" XP-100 I lost 400 f/s with shorter barrel but the real problem was the first shot the bullet vanished? I have no idea what happened it was fired at a water jug at 20 feet nothing hit the jug or the ground around it? Second shot hit the jug and destroyed it bullet turned to a fine powder of copper. Not something I would want in game meat but might be good for smaller vermin! The next shots where on paper group was terrible 4 inches at 25 yards . this gun can do 1/2" at 100 yards with Sierra 50 grain bullets .

Second load was with .690 round balls (hard cast at 473 grains) in a 12 gauge the load was from a old manual supposed to give 1 oz shot 1200 f/s at 8800 LUP using hard card and felt wads. I knew by the low recoil I was not getting 1200 f/s the balls did 800 f/s over the screens at 30 feet . The load shot a group of 3 feet at 25 yards . Lee slugs shoot three inches from the same gun at that range . I was impressed with the power of the load it also destroyed a water jug Laying on side then went over three inches into dry phone books . The hard alloy did have some pieces break off which is odd because one recovered from semi frozen dirt berm was barely damaged .

Live and learn I guess not sure what I am going to do with the Nosler bullets they where given to me so no loss and the round balls do shoot well patched in my 12 gauge muzzle loader over 80 grains FFG so I have them for that . The hard Alloy is not a big problem in the smooth bore it can be in a rifled barrel as patches will tear on loading .
    When I think back on all the **** I learned in high school it's a wonder I can think at all ! And then my lack of education hasn't hurt me none I can read the writing on the wall.

Boolit Master
    Punched 300 checks for NOE 310-167 hp for the 30/30 and sized them all.

Boolit Buddy
    searched for the cat...dang thing got into an open duct when I was cleaning it.

Boolit Master
    RichardB, filter should be able to trap your cat

I've been sizing, neck expanding, and priming 30-06 brass for this years CBA matches. Have 1400 done and need to start on 7.5 Swiss and some other less used cartridges. I will try to load about half with my favorite loads, and save the rest in case I discover the next magic load.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by firefly1957 View Post
    Shot some loads I have been working on was disappointed by both .

Load a was a Nosler 40 grain all copper bullet with red tip over load from Nosler for a 22 inch rifle in .221 fireball.
    I am shooting it in a 10" XP-100 I lost 400 f/s with shorter barrel but the real problem was the first shot the bullet vanished? I have no idea what happened it was fired at a water jug at 20 feet nothing hit the jug or the ground around it? Second shot hit the jug and destroyed it bullet turned to a fine powder of copper. Not something I would want in game meat but might be good for smaller vermin! The next shots where on paper group was terrible 4 inches at 25 yards . this gun can do 1/2" at 100 yards with Sierra 50 grain bullets .

Second load was with .690 round balls (hard cast at 473 grains) in a 12 gauge the load was from a old manual supposed to give 1 oz shot 1200 f/s at 8800 LUP using hard card and felt wads. I knew by the low recoil I was not getting 1200 f/s the balls did 800 f/s over the screens at 30 feet . The load shot a group of 3 feet at 25 yards . Lee slugs shoot three inches from the same gun at that range . I was impressed with the power of the load it also destroyed a water jug Laying on side then went over three inches into dry phone books . The hard alloy did have some pieces break off which is odd because one recovered from semi frozen dirt berm was barely damaged .

Live and learn I guess not sure what I am going to do with the Nosler bullets they where given to me so no loss and the round balls do shoot well patched in my 12 gauge muzzle loader over 80 grains FFG so I have them for that . The hard Alloy is not a big problem in the smooth bore it can be in a rifled barrel as patches will tear on loading .
    Easy trick... those are probably Hornet bullets... just slow them down!!!
    If ya don't like "slow" send 'em to me... My Eldest is recoil shy worser than me with a Handgun...

Loading first test loads for my new 1894 Winchester 38-55.

Using IMR4895, which I have on hand, Lee 379-250-RF powder coated, and Starline brass 2.080. Will shoot them over chrony as I’ve had a hard time with printed increments/velocity. I’ll stay within the Lyman 4 book values and work up. Alloy is 11.3 BHN.

Still prepping 223 cases. Learned about Burst Fire and their primer pocket reamers‼️‼️. What a difference they made. Like the primer pocket go no go gauge too. Smokein through the brass now. Loaded some 223 test rounds H335 24.5 to 26. Was getting pretty good groups and speed from 23 up to 24. Starting at 2600. New rifle works good.

Working through forming a batch of .300 blackout. Every hang up seems to be from a ppu headstamp case. But not every PPU case causes a problem.

https://youtube.com/shorts/E2uso_KdFB8?feature=share

I loaded some brand new unprimed brass in 6.5x55 mm with Varget and 120gr Sierras and 38-55 with Unique and 250 gr Lees.
    New brass is pretty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Okie73 View Post
    I did absolutely nothing because we haven't found a house yet and have been stuck in an apartment for two months! I'm going through reloading withdrawls.
    If you start to get shaky, just prime a few cases until it goes away.

Wayne
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger - or else it gives you a bad rash.
    Venison is free-range, organic, non-GMO and gluten-free

Boolit Buddy
    just put away 2k of 55grainers getting ready to make another run!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Brassmonkey View Post
    Working through forming a batch of .300 blackout. Every hang up seems to be from a ppu headstamp case. But not every PPU case causes a problem.

https://youtube.com/shorts/E2uso_KdFB8?feature=share
    That is a very nice set up. Sure blows mine way out of the water. Takes me forever to make 50. Good job.
    Stop being blinded by your own ignorance.

Got started yesterday but got running today about 1/4 through my processed brass 400+ rounds. 24.7 gn H335 under AI 55gn fmj bt. About 3000’/sec. Good group at 25yd. More testing later. 223 rem.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 421F7494-DC0C-422F-B0B3-5B6DDFC65F1D.jpg   DFD2B8F5-7BA0-467F-94E8-22AE6E5F7DD1.jpg  
    Last edited by Mandoair; 03-16-2023 at 02:18 AM.