MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationRepackboxSnyders Jerky
Load DataLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
Wideners RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Warranty" on plastic ammo boxes

Boolit Grand Master

I guess I never considered a warranty on a plastic box! But I've only had one ever to fail and it was my fault. It was full of ammo and I accidentally dropped it! Like the others have said, not worth the postage to send them back. It would be worthwhile if they would accept a picture.

I have a bunch of those Herters boxes. Mostly for 20 round rifle cartridges and 25 round shotshell. I have enough MYM boxes that they should send me an invitation to their company Christmas party! Plano makes a nice box too.

I would not even think off, let alone consider warranty replacement of such an item.
    In my book they are consumable.
    Guess I come from a different era.

Boolit Master
    If it fails because it's my fault, I'll accept that. During the 40+ years I've used my Midway boxes, I've had one lid hinge fail. That's pretty doggone good and no way will I ask them to replace it. I've broken one other when I dropped it, that's not a problem related to the box. Haven't broken any of the Berry's boxes yet.
    If I was paying 25 bucks a box maybe I should expect them to last. A couple/three/four bucks on sale? No, that's on me.

Moderator Emeritus

Kind of like returning a tape dispenser because it ran empty. @ $2.99-$4.49 each they should have a built in life span. I am sure they cost more to package and ship than make.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Master

I'm still using 45 to 50 year old boxes Midway brand. if one breaks it's my fault and not Midways just pitch the broken ones and reorder.
    I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
    Paralyzed Veterans of America

Looking for a Hensly &Gibbs #258 any thing from a two cavity to a 10cavityI found a new one from a member here

Boolit Buddy

All of my MTM plastic "hinge" boxes failed, went to Berry's real hinge boxes and haven't looked back.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by PhilC View Post
    All of my MTM plastic "hinge" boxes failed, went to Berry's real hinge boxes and haven't looked back.
    The fact you wrote hinge in quotes makes me think you bought the old style without a hinge. They were just plastic that flexed. That has not been the case for a long time now. I know MTM still makes slip top boxes, but I've not seen any old style hinge ones for at least 10 years. They all have high quality hinges on them now. These new MTM boxes simply don't wear out. Unless you smash them they go forever. That's not a knock against Berry's, I'm sure they are fine, but I don't see them for sale often. Any place that sells ammo also sells MTM ammo boxes. I've seen no reason to go out of my way to buy another brand, MTM is near the top of the heap for quality today.

As for warranty, I haven't a clue. It's a $4 plastic molded box. If you break it, you buy another $4 box. What more do you need to know?