Lee PrecisionLoad DataRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Repackbox Inline Fabrication

Thread: Problem with Lyman 48S

Boolit Master

Problem with Lyman 48S

I have this sight mounted on my Remington and it seems that the “clicks” on the fine adjustment knob are not working correctly. I got the sight with the rifle several years ago and have not used it very much at all. Was thinking of trying to take a deer with it this year but when turning the knob it doesn’t have distinct click adjustment. It’s as if it’s loose and sloppy. I’m not familiar with this particular sight so it’s possible that a part it broken or missing. So I’m needing some help diagnosing the issue. Thanks

It sounds like an adjustment detent ball or it's spring has developed an issue.

Disassembly should expose the problem, and a direct call to Lyman Products Customer Service might get you any needed parts.
    Now I lay me down to sleep
    A gun beside me is what I keep
    If I awake, and you're inside
    The coroner's van is your next ride

Boolit Master
    Ok. Thanks I’ll give them a call. Wish I had a diagram of the sight to see how it goes together. I’m thinking now that the ball and spring may be missing.

Boolit Grand Master

2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Boolit Master
    Thanks. I’ll check them out.

Boolit Master
    Got an email back from the Lyman CS tech and he said”sounds like the click spring you are missing. However we don’t have anything comparable for that sight any longer.”
    So I guess I’m out of luck. I just wish I could find a diagram somewhere to see how it works and approximate size but no luck with finding one.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by txbirdman View Post
    Got an email back from the Lyman CS tech and he said”sounds like the click spring you are missing. However we don’t have anything comparable for that sight any longer.”
    So I guess I’m out of luck. I just wish I could find a diagram somewhere to see how it works and approximate size but no luck with finding one.
    In the past I have purchased the dent ball and spring from one of the two sites I listed. Give them a try.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Boolit Master
    Will do. Thanks again