MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersLee PrecisionLoad Data
Titan ReloadingInline FabricationRepackboxRotoMetals2
Snyders Jerky Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What is UPS doing?

Quote Originally Posted by Brokenbear View Post
    ..took it to the UPS owned facility (has to ship next day air) and cannot ship thru ANY UPS location except an actual company owned facility
    That happened to me with shipping a air rifle from our little local UPS shop.

The manager said they weren't licensed to take in firearms or HAZMAT stuff, but the UPS hub could.
    (My guess is that they don't have the proper means to store them securely)

I convinced the manager it wasn't a real firearm, and they reluctantly took it--
    saving me a trip to the closest hub that's 60 miles away.
    But she did tell me not to do it again.
    Last edited by Winger Ed.; 07-07-2022 at 03:16 PM.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Gebirgsjager View Post
    I think that some relief can still be found through the US Postal system if the circumstances are right. As far as I know an ordinary citizen may send a long gun through the mail to an FFL Dealer (for sale) or to a gunsmith for repair, and in the case of the repair may receive it back. An FFL Dealer may send a handgun or long gun to another Dealer, which would include an eligible C&R firearm, and a C&R can ship to a C&R. As I recently personally experienced, using the USPS to ship firearms is very expensive! No restriction on shipping parts unless they are explosive.

DG
    Only dealers can mail handguns. As a C&R, I'm not allowed to mail a handgun.

It is a hoax. UPS' policy has not changed:

"UPS accepts packages containing firearms (as defined by Title 18, Chapter 44, and Title 26, Chapter 53 of the United States Code) for shipment only in the following cases:

(a) Between licensed importers, licensed manufacturers, licensed dealers, and licensed collectors (as defined in Title 18, Chapter 44 of the United States Code), and government agencies
    (b) Where not otherwise prohibited by federal, state or local law:
    (i) from an individual to a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, licensed dealer, or licensed collector
    (ii) from a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, licensed dealer, or licensed collector to an individual.

The shipper must comply with and must ensure that each shipment containing firearms complies with all federal, state and local laws applicable to the shipper, recipient, and package, including, without limitation, age restrictions."

Copied from the ups.com web site within the past hour.

--Wag--
    "Great genius will always encounter fierce opposition from mediocre minds." --Albert Einstein.

That's not what my local UPS is saying.

ACC

After I heard about this, I waited, and surprise - my order from MidwayUSA was delivered on time in perfect condition by UPS, no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by ACC View Post

ACC
    I think I'd be asking questions higher up the chain of command. Someone may be implementing their own policy. If not, then at least you know for certain.

I really hope this turns out to be overblown. I make a lot of purchases on Amazon and UPS handles returns. I really don't want to resume running all over the metro area trying to find things like years past.

A lot of the UPS Stores are franchises. The owners implement their own policies as I related in my earlier post.
    A vote for anyone other then the conservative candidates is a vote for the liberal candidates.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch-1 View Post
    A lot of the UPS Stores are franchises. The owners implement their own policies as I related in my earlier post.
    ^^^ This.

--Wag--
    "Great genius will always encounter fierce opposition from mediocre minds." --Albert Einstein.

If you go to a UPS store, please realize that UPS DOES NOT OWN OR RUN THE STORE. And as stated above, these INDEPENDENT stores ca. Deny to ship anything. You must go to a HUB, to ship if the store denies to ship. Zero reason to get into argument of the store policy.
    And you can stop believing everything you see posted.....

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Wag View Post
    It is a hoax. UPS' policy has not changed:

"UPS accepts packages containing firearms (as defined by Title 18, Chapter 44, and Title 26, Chapter 53 of the United States Code) for shipment only in the following cases:

(a) Between licensed importers, licensed manufacturers, licensed dealers, and licensed collectors (as defined in Title 18, Chapter 44 of the United States Code), and government agencies
    (b) Where not otherwise prohibited by federal, state or local law:
    (i) from an individual to a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, licensed dealer, or licensed collector
    (ii) from a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, licensed dealer, or licensed collector to an individual.

The shipper must comply with and must ensure that each shipment containing firearms complies with all federal, state and local laws applicable to the shipper, recipient, and package, including, without limitation, age restrictions."

Copied from the ups.com web site within the past hour.

--Wag--
    Brownell's actually called me yesterday as a mould I had on back order from last year became available. I asked the lady about the UPS issue and she said it is true and they do not know what the issue is yet. Granted just an employee there but she did confirm UPS stopped taking packages.

Quote Originally Posted by downzero View Post
    Only dealers can mail handguns. As a C&R, I'm not allowed to mail a handgun.
    You notice that I prefaced that with "I think". I have a C&R and have received C&R handguns through the mail, but have not myself shipped any. I'll probably have to look into this a bit more and phone ATF for the straight scoop.

DG

What is a C&R?

ACC

Boolit Master
    What is a C&R?

ACC
    Curio & Relic FFL for collectors.

I want one, but not sure I'm going to be able to buy the curios and relics I want.

Bill

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Froogal View Post
    I ordered a conversion cylinder for my recently purchased .36 caliber percussion revolver. Scheduled to be delivered July 12 by UPS. We'll see what happens.
    UPDATE.

The conversion cylinder was delivered today. UPS mail innovations. Post office rural mail carrier put it in my mailbox.

What is a C&R?

ACC
    There are 9 different types of FFL licenses.

Boolit Master

C&R cannot use USPS they are not a dealer nor are they a manufacture.

An affidavit (form supplied by USPS) has to be filed with every handgun shipment stating you are a licensed dealer or manufacture. A collector is neither. I suggest a C&R read what the paperwork the BATFE gives you when you get your license.

Quote Originally Posted by johnsonian09 View Post
    I personally am boycotting ups. For all shipments not just gun stuff. And if a seller uses them il avoid it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I guess you have not tried FedEx or USPS lately. If you had, UPS would be your choice.
    An Honest Man Keeps His Horse Saddled
    http://www.cardinalguns.com
    http://www.riflehunter.net

Okay, fellas. Time to stop the hand wringing. While it is true that DOJ sent the carriers a letter asking about their volume and policies regarding firearms, the current internet/ YouTube hysteria is over blown.

From the current UPS Terms of Service document: 3.7.1 Firearms
    UPS accepts Packages containing firearms (as defined by Title 18, Chapter 44, and Title 26, Chapter 53 of the United States Code)...

Found here:https://www.ups.com/assets/resources...service_us.pdf

If you can quote an authentic source (unlike ammoland, or Billie Joe's YouTube Channel, or TTAG) I am all ears.

Otherwise, I will continue to ship Springfield Armory M1A's every day through my local UPS hub.
    An Honest Man Keeps His Horse Saddled
    http://www.cardinalguns.com
    http://www.riflehunter.net

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by farmbif View Post
    ….a few weeks ago at local ups store I was told live ammo can be shipped by ups from the local hub, I have not found that hub yet but they assured me its no problem….
    Seven years ago I shipped loaded ammo via UPS. Florida to Michigan.
    Cartridges had to be in ammo boxes with separators between each round, just like factory ammo.
    Maximum shipment was 300 rounds.
    Securely packed in sturdy box, at that time had to have an ORMD sticker on box but that had been changed to a different sticker since.
    Cost was based on weight and distance with an added charge for hazard.
    I knew all this and was properly prepared. The lady told me technically they were supposed to confirm ammo was in ammo boxes before they accepted it for shipment but I had already sealed the package. She took my word for it.
    I think it cost me $40.00 to send 300 rounds of .40 S & W. I was told the price is double that recently.

Word to the wise, call and get exact requirements before you seal the box. I had researched the process on line and it didn’t mention an inspection.

Quote Originally Posted by Bmi48219 View Post
    I think it cost me $40.00 to send 300 rounds of .40 S & W. I was told the price is double that recently.
    Now days-- For ground shipping, the HAZMAT fee alone is $39.

That's how I missed the boat on $40. a brick primers.
    I had a order set, but thought I'd wait a week or two hoping they'd offer the usual free shipping and HAZMAT.
    That train pulled out of the station, and I wasn't on it.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.