RepackboxTitan ReloadingInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load DataRotoMetals2WidenersLee Precision
Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: cell phone problems

Boolit Master
    3g is being discontinued according to Verizon. The wire and I went in to Verizon 5 or 6 months ago to get her a new phone. Her old phone was getting beat up and out of date. So, while there I decided to replace my flip phone as it was really getting beat up. Cracked screen and charge plug getting worn. They said I was going to have to get a 4g as they were dropping 3g. We both get our new phones, hers a smart phone and me a new flip phone. When I get home her phone will work but mine won't inside the house and I found out the new flip phone will need charged every night rather than once a week like my old phone. I checked on the internet and found the 4g and the 5g work on different frequency and don't carry as far as 3g and don't penetrate walls and such as well as the 3g.

I went back to Verizon and returned the flip phone. The main reason I had a cell phone was so my wife could keep track of me. Life is so much better now. No more interruptions from people trying to update my auto warranty or trying to get a donation or get me to vote for some commie ding bat or phone scams. Cured all that stuff and save a few dollars for more loading stuff. And I don't have to babysit that phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Battis View Post
    Thank you for that. ^_^

Boolit Grand Master

Consumer Cellular. Our phones are 4/5g. No problems
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by rbuck351 View Post
    The main reason I had a cell phone was so my wife could keep track of me. Life is so much better now. No more interruptions from people trying to update my auto warranty or trying to get a donation or get me to vote for some commie ding bat or phone scams. Cured all that stuff and save a few dollars for more loading stuff. And I don't have to babysit that phone.
    Exactly.
    They have their uses, they sure are handy, but if mine doesn't ring for a few weeks, the silence is priceless. If you just want to chat for 45 minutes, stop by the house and I'll make a pot of coffee.
    Best statement in this entire thread is your last sentence.

Boolit Master
    Back in the day, if you weren't home and needed to call someone, there were these booths all over the place with telephones in them. Not anymore. Now we depend on cell phones.

Boolit Master
    I have had a Trac-Phone for many years which I paid $5. I simply bought $20 card every three months and it worked great. Now they have gone to 5G which I didn't want, and they have cut off my service. I do get messages from them telling me to click OK to get my service restored with a new phone. They do not tell me what the cost will be if I click OK. I called but they simply put me on hold forever.
    A GUN THAT'S COCKED AND UNLOADED AIN'T GOOD FOR NUTHIN'........... ROOSTER COGBURN

P-Trap of the Big Muddy, on the unoccupied side.
    I don't own a cell phone.
    I do have a company one I carry, most of my colleges carry two, one company, one personal.
    I say the hell with that.
    Most of the calls I receive are spam, I only answer calls I get from the people I work with, the customers can go thru the proper channels.
    I can be rather picky since I only work part time.
    I was asked to work part time, I didn't beg for it.
    I do appreciate the extra money, comes in handy for a few of the extras I enjoy.

I had to edit this post, when I read it, could have sworn Biden wrote it for me.
    Of course, he doesn't do jack for anyone except himself.

Hah, Verizon sent me a bill for $80 a month for 5G service by itself. Went back and forth , six messages, finally told them, no 5G service, no 5G phone, never have had 5g service. So got a new bill they dropped the charge, I suggest you check your phone bill.
    “There is a remedy for all things, save death.“
    Cervantes

“Never give up, never quit.”
    Robert Rogers
    Roger’s Rangers

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.
    Will Rogers