MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxLee PrecisionWideners
Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingInline FabricationLoad Data
Reloading Everything RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Moving and Temporary Storage of Reloading Supplies and Equipment

Boolit Grand Master

2018 ....if he hasn't got squared away by now ... just let me tell Him ...
    Do Not sell your reloading stuff ...it will cost you an arm , leg and first born male child to relace it if you can find anything to buy and things just keep getting worse .

Gary
    Sent from my Dell Desk Top using Two Finger Tap Talk
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Master
    just a couple months is not that long. just putting stuff in big plastic bins with a couple of those dissident bags might be all you need. and use ziplock freezer bags to put stuff in before putting it in bins. covering everything steel in protectant can be the best way to go just in case. it can be as simple as Johnson paste wax or the latest greatest rust protectant that mscdirect sells by the gallon. but the du-lite company sells a couple different rust protectants for guns and stuff that work great and are very fairly priced. but if it goes through a couple seasons its a whole different story. I constantly battle late model rust and it has destroyed two very nice and expensive trimmers and I'm once again repolishing with 0000 steel wool all the surfaces of my press and powder measures and other stuff.

Do your parents have a basement or garage where a dead chest freezer or dead icebox could live? They make a great powder, primer or ammo storage container. Insulated so the don’t sweat. Freezers have locks too. Add a goldenrod heater to keep things dry.

Make sure you read the prohibited items for storage in the storage contract.
    “There is a remedy for all things, save death.“
    Cervantes

“Never give up, never quit.”
    Robert Rogers
    Roger’s Rangers

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.
    Will Rogers

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by Baltimoreed View Post
    a dead chest freezer or dead icebox could live? They make a great powder, primer or ammo storage container. Insulated so the don’t sweat. Freezers have locks too. Add a goldenrod heater to keep things dry.
    AWESOME IDEA... My stuff has been in a uncontrolled storeage storage enviroment since day one (1997). Faced the same issue when we sold our house, and everything went into totes, stuck in a portable building where it resided for 3+ years before I dug it out again last year...
    Was like Xmas... forgot how much stuff I had gathered...

Boolit Master

Old thread but FWIW - the treated "gun bags" do work. I stuck a Smith Mod. 15(surplus popo gun)in one and left it outside in the old corn crib for most of a year , snow and rain hit it through the crib cracks, close to zero to 100 temperatures. It was fine when I remembered it was out there and retrieved it.

Boolit Bub
    I've found that temperature rarely effects modern stuff so long as it's well sealed. Think of ammo and the overall effect temperature swings have on it.There are exceptions of course, but I'd just seal everything up and store it as usual