RepackboxLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
Titan ReloadingWidenersLoad DataSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2 Inline Fabrication
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: More Warnings For Paypal Users

Quote Originally Posted by uscra112 View Post
    In times of inflation, it's better to hold stuff. In times of deflation, hold cash. If they'll let you.
    This is correct ... The only way to combat high inflation is with high living . Buy the things you want or think you may need today as they will be more expensive tomorrow .
    Sometimes you eat the bar and sometimes the bar eats you.

I'm seeing reports that commodity indices are way up. Professional investors making preparations?
    Cognitive Dissident

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by jaysouth View Post
    Cash is still king. Next is USPS money orders. By the way, USPS MOs never expire. File the carbon copies in a secure location in case the original is lost.
    Some guys love those things. I have gotten to despise going to the post office. I will not buy items if that is the only form of payment accepted. I have read others post on the forum who feel the same as me.

I suppose that's dependent on how difficult it is to access your Post Office. My village P.O. is easy, some urban ones are difficult. (I'm on crutches a lot, so I'm very aware of this.) But consider that you're buying with cash, and if you leave the sender lines blank, a USPS M.O. is about as anonymous as anything can be in this day and ag
    Cognitive Dissident

Boolit Master

I suppose that's dependent on how difficult it is to access your Post Office. My village P.O. is easy, some urban ones are difficult. (I'm on crutches a lot, so I'm very aware of this.) But consider that you're buying with cash, and if you leave the sender lines blank, a USPS M.O. is about as anonymous as anything can be in this day and ag
    Except for all the camera's recording you with date and time stamping. There is no privacy anymore. That is not my primary concern. During the winter here our population nearly doubles with all the snowbirds and with all the restrictions up north it has been even worse this year. This is just my opinion and my choice.

Cameras. The tiny Post Office in my rural village doesn't have any.
    Cognitive Dissident

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Plate plinker View Post
    And with the stroke of a pen the underground economy just grew 10 fold.

Personal gripe here but why on earth do we have to pay tax on a item that has already been taxed?
    i agree. I pay my fed and state taxes on income then pay more tax on the same money when i buy something. Look at a truck. You pay tax on your income then sales tax on the vehicle, then license fees (another tax) every year. Some states an emission sticker (another tax) Then you pay tax on your gas. Get it repaired, by oil, parts or anything for it? Pay some more taxes. For many a 1/3 to a 1/2 of the income goes to taxes and im suppose to feel guilty for buying something on line and save a buck or two on sales tax!!! Bottom line is that company already paid taxes when they bought it and thats factored to the price. Only one not getting some money is the government and they get plenty of mine as it is. Add to that probably 75 percent of whats bought on line is bought there because its not avaliable in the local mom and pop store. I guess if it bothers you you can go to walmart and probably find it and make the rich richer.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Finster101 View Post
    Some guys love those things. I have gotten to despise going to the post office. I will not buy items if that is the only form of payment accepted. I have read others post on the forum who feel the same as me.
    We all make choices.
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks

You don't have to go to the PO to cash the check. You can deposit a USPO mo at your bank the same as any other check. Wait for it to clear, and then proceed with the sale. And be aware, USPO money orders are subject to fraud the same as any other check. They're just a bit harder due to the water marks and the halograph stamp.
    Deplorable infidel

Businesses don’t pay taxes, corporations don’t pay taxes. If they make a component or product, finished or not, or have a service that they sell— the last guy in line pays the taxes. That’s you and me. Corporate taxes are just another hidden tax for the consumer and another revenue stream for the knuckleheads [of both parties] inside the beltway.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Smale View Post
    I pay my fed and state taxes on income then pay more tax on the same money when i buy something. Look at a truck. You pay tax on your income then sales tax on the vehicle, then license fees (another tax) every year. Some states an emission sticker (another tax) Then you pay tax on your gas. Get it repaired, by oil, parts or anything for it? Pay some more taxes.
    Don't forget the so-called "Personal Property Taxes" that many of us pay year after year, every year, on vehicles, boats, trailers, tools and machinery (if you have a business where you use tools and machinery to make income, not only is that income taxed -- and not only did you pay sales tax on those tools and machinery -- you also have to pay an annual tax on the value of the machinery and tools), etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc

I laugh when I hear that the Democrats are the working man party. They tax, regulate , rule, fee , and law the law abiding working man to death to give some crumbs to their uneducated legacy base and billions to their elite donors. And you wonder why they want to disarm us. Wake up America !!

Yes, this was all about the guy mowing your lawn, or delivering your groceries, or driving that uber, or any other myriad of ways we make a bit of change. Tax every penny. The dems played this as getting the big corporations that weren't paying their fair share. Bullhockey. what corporation worries about taking paypal, or venmo? zero. all about screwing the little guy so they can feel good about handing an illegal subsistence.
    And as for MO? I hate them. I hate driving 25 miles to get one and standing in line for 5 to 15 minutes. And I HAVE to deposit in my bank account if over $25 as the PO won't have any cash..... or other reason

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by HATCH View Post
    LOL, this doesn't change ANYTHING.
    Paypal is just a easy quick way for payment.
    People will just go back to sending checks or money orders.

And speaking of that, is the USPS going to keep track of EVERYONE that cashes a USPS money order in their facility to see if they get more then $600 in payments a year??
    HaHaHa . . . The only thing that USPS employees can keep track of is what time their next coffee break is.