RotoMetals2Inline FabricationWidenersRepackbox
Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading Everything Snyders Jerky

Thread: Primers along I-81 PA to VA

Primers along I-81 PA to VA

Looking for small pistol primers and will be traveling from PA to Blacksburg VA down interstate 81. I don't want to hoard or scalp, but wouldn't mind getting 5k to hold me over for a couple years.
    Does anyone know of any shops along the way that actually have stock?

Slughammer

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Happiness is a couple of 38's and a bucket of ammo.

Boolit Master
    Man, from what I’ve been reading, there’s very little available, especially small pistol primers, and what is available is going for three to five times the prices seen two or three years ago. Most retail operations only have primers in sporadically, with limited selection and cap the amount you can buy.

Maybe make a list of shops on the way and plan on spending time going to each in hopes of finding a few hundred or a thousand here or there? Or perhaps some private party with some to sell will see your request and contact you.

Boolit Master
    Let your fingers do the walking.

Boolit Buddy
    5k?!?! I haven't seen 5k combined of any primers in stock in a year+ now. Places that have them may sell you a 100 or so and those places I know of keep them behind the counter for the locals who ask, not someone passing by.

guess his horde is gone. And there is no stock in sight anywhere.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Give these places a call. All three are located on Rt. 11 which runs parallel to Rt. 81. Coming from PA. you would come across them in the order they are listed. RSP will be about 5 minutes off Rt. 11. I would definitely call first to see if and what they may have in stock.

RSP Gun Shop LLC
    54 Forevergreen Dr, Falling Waters, WV 25419
    (304) 274-6171
    Small shop
    Keeps prices reasonable

Hafer’s Gunsmithing, Inc.
    6541 Williamsport Pike
    Falling Waters, WV 25419
    240-347-4906
    Large shop with large inventory of guns.
    A bit high on prices

Ray's Guns
    www.raysguns.com
    5741 Tabler Station Rd, Inwood, WV 25428
    (304) 263-0661
    Medium size shop with nice inventory of guns.
    Reasonable but doesn't keep a lot of reloading stock for centerfire

Valley Guns II
    998 Arden Nollville Rd
    Inwood, WV 25428
    304-229-4411
    Have not been in here for quite a while but in the past has had a good inventory of guns and supplies. It is a fairly good size store.
    Probably a bit high but in the past has had reloading supplies.
    A vote for anyone other then the conservative candidates is a vote for the liberal candidates.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch-1 View Post
    Give these places a call. All three are located on Rt. 11 which runs parallel to Rt. 81. Coming from PA. you would come across them in the order they are listed. ....
    Thank you for taking the time to type this out, it is truly appreciated. WV is about the halfway point in my trip, I will check them out.

Slughammer

Cut and paste makes it easy.
    A vote for anyone other then the conservative candidates is a vote for the liberal candidates.

Boolit Buddy
    Give these places a call. All three are located on Rt. 11 which runs parallel to Rt. 81. Coming from PA. you would come across them in the order they are listed. RSP will be about 5 minutes off Rt. 11. I would definitely call first to see if and what they may have in stock.

RSP Gun Shop LLC
    54 Forevergreen Dr, Falling Waters, WV 25419
    (304) 274-6171
    Small shop
    Keeps prices reasonable

Hafer’s Gunsmithing, Inc.
    6541 Williamsport Pike
    Falling Waters, WV 25419
    240-347-4906
    Large shop with large inventory of guns.
    A bit high on prices

Ray's Guns
    www.raysguns.com
    5741 Tabler Station Rd, Inwood, WV 25428
    (304) 263-0661
    Medium size shop with nice inventory of guns.
    Reasonable but doesn't keep a lot of reloading stock for centerfire

Valley Guns II
    998 Arden Nollville Rd
    Inwood, WV 25428
    304-229-4411
    Have not been in here for quite a while but in the past has had a good inventory of guns and supplies. It is a fairly good size store.
    Probably a bit high but in the past has had reloading supplies.
    Unless Hafers has opened another location, they're location that I'm aware of is 15411 National Pike, Hagerstown Md. This is still in close proximity to Falling Waters, just a bit prior in Maryland. Easy access from I-81 south. Take National Pike (US. Rt 40) west from I-81 about 4-5 miles. Hafers will be on left. Many guns in stock and some reloading supplies but likely not primers. Their powder is about $40 per pound. Nice store, but they are pricey. RSP has better prices on powder. I was at both stores two weeks ago... neither had primers and couldn't say when they would get any. I've been to Ray's in Inwood in the past. They are just as Sasquatch has described. Each location is worth a look see if you have time.

Thanks,
    Isaac

Boolit Master
    can't tell you about primers, but there's that place in on 81 in penn that makes some outstanding sausages definitely worth stopping at. dont forget a big ice chest

there is a bass pro not too far away and there is a man who works in the gun/shooting dept in a wheelchair, a fellow bullet caster, a very knowledgable man, can't remember his name. but if anyone he might know where some could be found

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac View Post
    Unless Hafers has opened another location, they're location that I'm aware of is 15411 National Pike, Hagerstown Md. This is still in close proximity to Falling Waters, just a bit prior in Maryland. Easy access from I-81 south. Take National Pike (US. Rt 40) west from I-81 about 4-5 miles. Hafers will be on left. Many guns in stock and some reloading supplies but likely not primers. Their powder is about $40 per pound. Nice store, but they are pricey. RSP has better prices on powder. I was at both stores two weeks ago... neither had primers and couldn't say when they would get any. I've been to Ray's in Inwood in the past. They are just as Sasquatch has described. Each location is worth a look see if you have time.

Thanks,
    Isaac
    Hafer's does have a second store, I called and the machine gave me the choice for each location. I talked to a pleasant person on the phone. They had small pistol magnum and the limit was 300.

Quote Originally Posted by farmbif View Post
    can't tell you about primers, but there's that place in on 81 in penn that makes some outstanding sausages definitely worth stopping at. dont forget a big ice chest

there is a bass pro not too far away and there is a man who works in the gun/shooting dept in a wheelchair, a fellow bullet caster, a very knowledgable man, can't remember his name. but if anyone he might know where some could be found
    Dietrich's Meats & Country Store is the place you're thinking about, in Lenhartsville off of RT 78 on old 22. (Krumsville Exit off of 78) Yes, I've eaten their delicious choices many times. Highly recommended!

Dietrich's Meats & Country Store
    (610) 756-6344
    https://maps.app.goo.gl/4hSzA6eR7X2NwWND8

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac View Post
    Unless Hafers has opened another location, they're location that I'm aware of is 15411 National Pike, Hagerstown Md.
    They opened a store on Rt 11 sometime in the last year. They have a fairly large inventory, but their prices tend to be a bit high.

Boolit Buddy
    They opened a store on Rt 11 sometime in the last year. They have a fairly large inventory, but their prices tend to be a bit high.
    I didn't know that! Thanks for the info! Another place to stop!

Isaac