Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Wideners
Lee PrecisionRepackboxLoad DataInline Fabrication
Titan Reloading

Thread: New to me SR 22 Ruger today.

Boolit Master

New to me SR 22 Ruger today.

I found a guy, wanting to get rid of one, for about $150 less than going price, needed money right now. I bought it with an extra mag in the box, with all the accesories. It looked like new, and had a pretty dang good trigger when cocked single action. I tried it at 15 yds and it shot well, but was not zeroed. I clicked the sight over and it shot about a 50 cent piece size group, the next clip it was back to being off zero, I noticed the rear sight was off to one side in the dovetail. I took a punch and lightly tapped it over, and it was tight, but I put a few drops of super glue in the dovetail. That fixed it, adjusted the sights, and shot a little over a Quarter size group at 15 yds offhand. Not too bad for nearly 60 year old eyes, offhand. I suspect the previous owner did not noticed the sight was loose. I need to find a holster for it, will keep it in my Ranger for snake duty.

Northern Virginia, where the freeway does roam.
    Keep it with a box of CCI Mini Mags and you can use it for more than just snakes.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I sure do enjoy my SR22!

Chris

Boolit Master
    Well gee, I have one of those, along with a good supply of ammo. Maybe I should give it some exercise.

Boolit Master
    I’ve had one since 2013. It handles every kind of 22lr I feed it. I can’t remember ever having a malfunction. Ruger made these right.

Boolit Buddy
    Had mine for a long time, at this point it chews through anything I’m throwing at it. Full disclosure I’ve stopped using thunderbolts long time ago.

Boolit Master

I love my SR22.

You can mod the mags to hold 15-16 rounds.

https://www.tandemkross.com/Wingman-...ack_p_112.html

Then there's a different follower to get that extra round.

https://www.taylor-tactical-supply.c...er-sr22-tk.htm

Having 15-16 rounds available in that small package really rocks.
    NRA Benefactor.

Boolit Master
    I've had one for a pretty good spell. I looked at one at the local gun shop, handled it, and that was it; I bought it. Good shooter.
    Britons shall never be slaves.

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    My lone gripe about the SR22 is that the safety is backwards. A frame mounted safety should go up for safe, down for fire. Otherwise they seem pretty solid and don't stay long under the display case glass.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Boolit Buddy
    I like mine a lot, and like everyone else has said, it will run on anything I feed it. I've even run it at a Steel Challenge match or two. Got a lot of "does your daughter know you're using her gun?" comments from some of my buddies. After they saw it run, the comments turned more to the "where'd you get it, and how much?" You can't really tell ho much more accurate the Mark series or Buckmaster is when the smallest target is a 10" plate. Their dings and mine sound pretty much the same.