WidenersTitan ReloadingLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
RepackboxInline FabricationLee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2

Thread: HF Tools

Boolit Mold

HF Tools

I've seen a lot of talk about using HF tools. Just got this flier and thought I would pass along to anyone interested.
    CEN-TECH 6" Digital Caliper
    Item # 98563-0VGA 6" Digital Caliper w/ Case
    11.99 ea.

Type number into search will take you straight to it.
    GOD, GUNS AND GUTS MADE AMERICA FREE.

Boolit Master
    Harbor Freight's CEN-TECH calipers, dial and digital, are Chinese made tools that apper identical to the house brand calipers sold by all of the big name reloading companies, but for MUCH less.

I have four of their inexpensive dial types and one digital. None are as slick as a Mitutoyo, Starret or B&S but they are as accurate, proven by my tests of each on a precision standards block set. I use them both for reloading and machine shop use. If one gets dropped on a concrete floor it's shot no matter what name is on them. The H.F. tools don't hurt so bad to replace.
    Last edited by 1hole; 03-19-2009 at 07:43 PM.

Boolit Mold
    I've used a lot ot HF tools and like them. change the color and names and you never tell a lot of them a part.

Boolit Master
    I too use the HF Calipers, and have reached the same conclusion. I dropped my relatively expensive name brand reloading company dial calipers on the floor and sprung the frame. I bought the HF calipers for $14 on sale, and they are identical to the more expensive set except for the name on the front. I took the HF calipers and a HF Digital micrometer to our Cal lab at work and had a friend check the calibration for me, and he said they were right on the money. I also have a Mitsutoyo (sp?) and a 1950's vintage Starrett micrometer that are great tools, but I can use my HF tools on the loading bench in the garage and I wont be to upset about the loss if I should happen to drop them.

G

Boolit Master at Heaven's Range 2010

Hf

my goodness the light dawns.I have all the name brand tools and have a chinese
    electronic caliper.I could not afford to buy those tools now.I dont think we will ever go back to the "good old days" if they ever were.the gov has crippled our manufacturers so bad they will never recover.
    WILDCATT

Boolit Mold
    I just recieved my calipers that I talked about above and could never have gotten anything like that any where else for 12.00 a pop..

Boolit Mold
    Hello,
    Keep a eye out for this to go on sale. It usually is in the 20 something dollar range. It comes with a k type thermocouple. Makes a great digital casting thermometer.
    It goes to 1382 deg. F.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=95670

Take Care,
    Keith

Boolit Mold
    KSpainhour,
    Thanks it looks like one of the things I've thought about but just haven't purchased yet.
    You say these go on sale into the 20 something range? Sounds good.

Thanks

Boolit Mold
    I think I bought mine at $26, They put them on sale pretty regular.

Take Care,
    Keith

Boolit Master at Heaven's Range 2010

Hf

I was just there and checked their "mini cut off saw"$ 27,great for cutting long cases to convert.I posted the saw on one of our threads.
    WILDCATT

Boolit Buddy
    The machinist 8 drawer wooden toolbox is also a great value. I've never been lucky enough to find a gerstner for a good price. It makes a great range box to store your reloading equipment, with room on the top for cans of powder and larger items.

I keep getting those 20 percent off coupons emailed to me and the box was on sale for 75.00 so I picked up two for my garage.

I have had excellent luck finding name-brand micrometers and calipers from local pawn shops for maybe 20-30.00 each, Just make sure that you have someone with jo-blocks to check the accuracy.

There is a lot of crud for sale there, but you can't go wrong with the toolboxes.

Andy.