Load DataTitan ReloadingInline FabricationWideners
Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Repackbox

Thread: RCBS model RC priming

RCBS model RC priming

Hi. I Just acquired an older model RC reloading press that has the primer plug on the primer arm held in by a set screw, not screwed in like the newer ones. #1: is the newer plug with a threaded end the same size as the older ones? #2: will the automatic primer feed work with this model press? #3: is there a different instruction sheet for the older RC model?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, everything looks good, and period correct.

The standard old auto primer feed set works for that press.. It is still how I do most of my rifle priming. jd
    It seems that people who do almost nothing, often complain loudly when it's time to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by hoodat View Post
    Yeah, everything looks good, and period correct.

The standard old auto primer feed set works for that press.. It is still how I do most of my rifle priming. jd
    Ok, but what about my question about the newer threaded plug piece (the piece that pushes the primer )? Will the newer threaded ones fit my old press?

Send an inquiry to RCBS, they should answer your question fairly quickly.
    A vote for anyone other then the conservative candidates is a vote for the liberal candidates.

Boolit Buddy
    if that's a large primer plug, and you go slow, it will do for small primers as well, without the bother of changing the plug

Quote Originally Posted by gunther View Post
    if that's a large primer plug, and you go slow, it will do for small primers as well, without the bother of changing the plug
    Thanks for the info. I am, however, a bit leery about pushing up an explosive primer that could be off center from the pocket.

The old style primer feed will work with that one. That style uses the 2 holes at the top of the body. The new style will only work on the newer RC Supreme.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironwrx View Post
    Ok, but what about my question about the newer threaded plug piece (the piece that pushes the primer )? Will the newer threaded ones fit my old press?

Ahhh-- I see what you're talking about. I think that the primer arm you are talking about will work, -- you will just have to check the fit on that press.

If not, I have extra arms, as well as the large and small pin/cup assemblies for that old press, I think. jd
    It seems that people who do almost nothing, often complain loudly when it's time to do it.

Ahhh-- I see what you're talking about. I think that the primer arm you are talking about will work, -- you will just have to check the fit on that press.

If not, I have extra arms, as well as the large and small pin/cup assemblies for that old press, I think. jd
    Hi. I re-read your reply (quoted above). I think you may be mistaken. What I was referring to when I was asking about the automatic primer was this accessory (not the regular primer arm)

Quote Originally Posted by Ironwrx View Post
    Hi. I re-read your reply (quoted above). I think you may be mistaken. What I was referring to when I was asking about the automatic primer was this accessory (not the regular primer arm)

Gotcha. I've got a couple of those, but none I want to turn loose of. They work great with any of the RCBS presses that have the two screw slot, and maybe some other brands also.

I somehow wound up with three or four extra priming arms. With those it's kind of handy to just have one for both primer sizes set up, and just switch them out when needed. jd

If this will fix ya up, you're welcome to it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5440.jpeg 
Views:	12 
Size:	50.4 KB 
ID:	285328

If this will fix ya up, you're welcome to it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5440.jpeg 
Views:	12 
Size:	50.4 KB 
ID:	285328
    Fantastic!! That’s it.