RepackboxLoad DataReloading EverythingWideners
Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
Lee Precision RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The most expensive new pickup I've ever seen...

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    TBH I'd buy a pair of 50 BMG rifles and reloading gear + a bunch of ammo, if I had $80k+ to burn, tho, not a truck

That kind of power would be much better (safer) in a car. Your average sports car with half the power would smoke it once you get into some turns and curves.
    Last edited by pmer; 05-25-2021 at 06:48 AM.
    Oh great, another thread that makes me spend money.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by pmer View Post
    That kind of power would be much better (safer) in a car. Your average sports car with half the power would smoke it once you get into some turns and curves.
    Its not designed for curves... straight line 1/8 mile drag racing...

Banned

Much more then a raptor in EVERY catagory. this isnt just a ram with a big motor. About everything was modified including the frame. Unique suspension frame brakes, well everything but the info center. Its even wider then a 3/4 ton ram. Id love to own one. Call me macho if you want but the only thing keeping me away is the payment. Some guys shake there head at me spending 70k on a boat or someone else spending 30k on a harley. ME? Im in the club that the guy who dies with the most toys wins!! Ill probalbly never own one but i WILL own a hellcat before i die. Only had to take a 4 year loan out to build the house. When thats paid for my 392 srt is getting traded. Or maybe ill keep both

Banned

if dodge wanted me to trade my 2020 ram tommarow all they need to do is put the 392 in the rebel. That would be a great set up and cost half as much as the trx.

When I was shopping for a truck a couple of years ago, I was at a local Ford dealer looking at a used F150.

I wandered over to a new Raptor or some such special edition truck. This truck was brand new and was from two model years prior. It was quite the truck with a price tag of 80 or 90k.

I immediately understood why it celebrated some birthdays on the dealer's lot. I'm not taking anything away from these Uber special models, but I would think buyers would be pretty rare.

Sent from a handheld tracking device on a remote body of water in SE Alabama.

Boolit Grand Master
    I'm just hobbling along with my 1993 Chevy PU. Heck, new tires are a big deal for me.

Boolit Master

I can't toss a ball around here without hitting a Raptor, and I've seen a couple TRX's also. Total annual tax for owning a pickup like that is less than $80, we don't have personal property tax. I don't need one . . . but I want one.

Any new truck with most of the goodies is going to be north of $50k nowadays, and quite a bit more in some cases. That is not an unreasonable price for what it is.

I drove plenty of ragged-out *** vehicles in the past and thankfully don't have to any more. I like that situation.
    "Is all this REALLY necessary?"

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Idaho45guy View Post
    The one for sale is apparently a "Launch Edition" which means it is one of the first ones made and has a Hellcat motor with 702hp. Still, not sure why anyone would pay $90k for a Dodge pickup designed for going fast in the desert and that's it.

Attachment 283349
    Not a Dodge Ram anymore ! Been Ram only since 2010 (when Fiat came into the picture I think) . I do love my 1977 DODGE though !

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by pcolapaddler View Post
    When I was shopping for a truck a couple of years ago, I was at a local Ford dealer looking at a used F150.

I wandered over to a new Raptor or some such special edition truck. This truck was brand new and was from two model years prior. It was quite the truck with a price tag of 80 or 90k.

I immediately understood why it celebrated some birthdays on the dealer's lot. I'm not taking anything away from these Uber special models, but I would think buyers would be pretty rare.

Sent from a handheld tracking device on a remote body of water in SE Alabama.
    actually they sold like hotcakes. They were tough to even find. Dealers searched dealerships all over the country to find them for guys who many times paid over sticker to get them. I havent seen a trx yet up here but raptors are all over the place.

Boolit Grand Master

My Wife ... Late 60's at Southeastern La. University , she and her girlfriend were walking to class in the rain ... I picked them up in my 1955 Ford , gave them a ride to class and we started talking ...
    That pick up has cost me a lot of money over the last 49 years ...
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Master

If I was Highway Patrol watching one of those going down the interstate, I'd be thinking Clint Eastwood's latest movie.
    You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
    Winston Churchill

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Sheesh View Post
    TBH I'd buy a pair of 50 BMG rifles and reloading gear + a bunch of ammo, if I had $80k+ to burn, tho, not a truck
    now a 50bmg and the money it cost never appealed to me. I like guns that have an actual use. At least you can go get grocerys or go to the lumber yard or go to camp in the trx. I aint hauling around a 30lb gun that cost 10 bucks a shot to kill deer.

Boolit Grand Master
    Lloyd, just put a tripod on your 4 wheeler and mount a Ma Deuce (only 100 lbs or so). Kind of like the "Rat Patrol", though wait till the deer is about 500yds away otherwise it will probably be like shooting a prairie dog with a 22-250. You could probably reload your deer rounds for "only" $5 or so!!

Guy I know has a Horstcamp rifle, shoots a deer yearly at very long range with it. Boom, whack, thud, DRT. One gun guy.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by rockrat View Post
    Lloyd, just put a tripod on your 4 wheeler and mount a Ma Deuce (only 100 lbs or so). Kind of like the "Rat Patrol", though wait till the deer is about 500yds away otherwise it will probably be like shooting a prairie dog with a 22-250. You could probably reload your deer rounds for "only" $5 or so!!
    buddy actually bought some high dollar small 9mm gattling gun and for fun made a mount for his polaris rzr.
    Last edited by Lloyd Smale; 06-01-2021 at 03:33 PM.

Fun fact, apparently actually mounting an M2 in an M38 etc. Jeep will result in the jeep rolling when you fire live ammo...

Dang it looks like fun, though, so maybe use a heavier vehicle

Boolit Buddy
    When I bought my '92 GMC 1500 club cab 4X4, I said I'd drive it until the wheels fell off. ~180,000 and still plugging away. I call it my range runner. Take it to the range and keep my range gear in the back seat. It has a few dents and guys always stop me and say they can take out the dents for cheap. I just tell them , "It's a Truck, not a prima donna!"

Boolit Master

'Bout a hundred miles from the Gulf of Mexico
    I worked hard my whole career, and, finally, in my sixties, I was, in my opinion, justified to buy a new Ram 2500 diesel! It WAS on sale, then,(2019), 43k, and I did it!! Rest of them,I owned a bunch of Dodge diesel trucks, I bought, repaired, and re-sold for profit! ( the only one I kept was a ‘02 hot-rod I hand built the engine in, rebuilt every part of it, can’t get rid of it now, nobody’s going to pay asking price). So, if you want the most BAD TO THE BONE truck on the market, and can afford it, I say, “Getchu some”! Just my opinions. As for me? I got what I need. And, as was previously mentioned, they will sell every one of them.
    I firmly believe that you should only get treated by how you act, not by who or what you are!!

Boolit Master
    Dillon Areo had a Suburban with a M134D mounted in an electric turret that would blow most trucks away, literally and price wise.
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.