RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyRepackbox
Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingWidenersInline Fabrication
Load Data

Thread: Making that Bullet Collator

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerR View Post
    I have added blank template versions of both boxes for anyone who wants to drill their own holes to customize.
    Really what someone (maybe me) should do is make a youtube video on how to measure electronics and make your own holes in something like tinkercad. We'll see where I'm at when I get closer to building my electronics for my brass collator. I've got two of the smaller proximity switches coming in the mail that I scored from a US seller on ebay. They're coming USPS sadly which means I probably won't see them until February.

Quote Originally Posted by tanders View Post
    Yes, I am actually currently updating with some adapters now. I loaded about 400 rounds and had some issues with microswitches approximately every 100 rounds. This was not an issue with the adapter but the switch itself. I am going to try GWS (which required me to create an adapter to get to the dillon tube). I will print it tomorrow sometime and also have that update available.
    I only have two changes from the written manual in my electrical box. The first was the sensor plug which I used a jst plug two prong plug. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    I used these since I am using microswitches and had them laying around, but I am going to change the box away from the JST since I am going to be going to the proximity sensors. I will be revising the box shortly to use the same exit plug for the sensor you are. I am waiting on the plugs to show up.
    The second change is the speed controller https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 I have ordered the ones from the manual but they are not expected delivery until almost February for some reason. The only thing that worries me with mine is there is not available heat sink for it and if running collator for an extended period of time I will have overheating issues.
    The Chinese are changing the playing field daily......I was surfing from the page you posted above and found several other cheap switches that are intriguing. I think the choices are increasing!

Another site that I've use and love is LED Supply. I got these 99 cent pig tails for connecting wall warts (wall outlet power supplies) to these electrical boxes. Check them out! https://www.ledsupply.com/wire-connectors-plugs

My next project for my Pro Chucker 7 is a 3D printed LED hanger that hangs off the handy holes at the top of the casting. More on that later, but LED supply is also a cheap source for quality LED strips........I remodeled my kitchen ceiling with those, too.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by cdstang View Post
    Here is a test run with 9mm cases. Still some work left.

What's the STL file name that interfaces the spring with the Lee tube?

Thanks!

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by noacess View Post
    What's the STL file name that interfaces the spring with the Lee tube?

Thanks!
    I just made it in fusion. Here is a link to the file hope it can help you..

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...Kb?usp=sharing

I just made it in fusion. Here is a link to the file hope it can help you..

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...Kb?usp=sharing
    Can you tell me in more detail what this is adapting to? What size spring? What size Lee tube?

Boolit Mold
    Can you tell me in more detail what this is adapting to? What size spring? What size Lee tube?
    The spring I have is 14mm(OD) ordered from aliexpress and the lee tube I used was 14.2mm(OD)

So I got a little crazy and created a "Drop_Hole_Drop_Tube_Adapter" and three "Drop_Tube_Drop_Hole_X" adapters. So you can convert back and forth as many time as you want now. haha

Really what someone (maybe me) should do is make a youtube video on how to measure electronics and make your own holes in something like tinkercad. We'll see where I'm at when I get closer to building my electronics for my brass collator. I've got two of the smaller proximity switches coming in the mail that I scored from a US seller on ebay. They're coming USPS sadly which means I probably won't see them until February.
    Great idea! Guess who just got nominated to make it happen?
    I got a similar response from o416 about a manual and look how that turned out....

The spring I have is 14mm(OD) ordered from aliexpress and the lee tube I used was 14.2mm(OD)
    Is the ID roughly 12mm?

Boolit Mold
    Is the ID roughly 12mm?
    Yes it is.

Yes it is.
    Would you mind printing out one of my 12mm drop tube adapters and see if it fits?

Boolit Mold
    Would you mind printing out one of my 12mm drop tube adapters and see if it fits?
    Sure can what is the file name of it?

Sure can what is the file name of it?
    Adapters folder. "Spring_Adapter_12_DT". Very small part so should go quick. Print at .12 layers.

o416 can we put something in the manual that talks about using an xacto kinfe to trim off any "elephants foot" from the surface that touches the build plate? I try to design in a bevel on anything I can, bit I know for example the spring adapters all print with the base of the threads down, and that can cause issues.

Unless it's already in there, which is possible knowing you

Boolit Mold
    Adapters folder. "Spring_Adapter_12_DT". Very small part so should go quick. Print at .12 layers.
    So is the Spring_Adapter_12_DT the labeling of that file would be for 12mm OD? The spring Im using is 14mm(OD) 12mm(ID)

Im currently using your Spring_Adapter_12.stl file on the top part of the spring.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-2230.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	51.1 KB 
ID:	274363
    Last edited by cdstang; 12-31-2020 at 11:02 PM.

So is the Spring_Adapter_12_DT the labeling of that file would be for 12mm OD? The spring Im using is 14mm(OD) 12mm(ID)

Im currently using your Spring_Adapter_12.stl file on the top part of the spring.
    The labeled sizes are for the ID. So 12 would be for 12mm ID, OD of roughly 14mm.

If you are already using that part then I have my answer

Boolit Bub
    TylerR - Do you know if your spring adapters are supposed to be compatible with GWS's proximity housing (Drop_Hole_Proximity_Sensor_Housing.stl)? I'm wondering if I need to do some sanding or if the notches are different sizes/depths. My plan is to go from Collator -> GWS's proximity housing -> Spring Adapter -> Spring -> Spring/tube adapter -> tube. This is for brass collating. I'll be feeding different presses which is why I need the spring since I can't perfectly align the collator right above the drop tube for multiple presses. Feedback is appreciated as always!

Thanks

TylerR - Do you know if your spring adapters are supposed to be compatible with GWS's proximity housing (Drop_Hole_Proximity_Sensor_Housing.stl)? I'm wondering if I need to do some sanding or if the notches are different sizes/depths. My plan is to go from Collator -> GWS's proximity housing -> Spring Adapter -> Spring -> Spring/tube adapter -> tube. This is for brass collating. I'll be feeding different presses which is why I need the spring since I can't perfectly align the collator right above the drop tube for multiple presses. Feedback is appreciated as always!

Thanks
    They are supposed to be as far as I know.

Boolit Bub
    They are supposed to be as far as I know.
    Hmm, In order to get it to fit I first tried dremeling down the notches on the sides since they seemed bigger than the ones on GWS adapter. That didn't work so then I dremeled the top down and now it fits perfect. I'm not sure if I just dremeled down the top if it would have worked or not. I really need to learn how to use a cad program so I can figure this stuff out the proper way.

Name:	adapter.jpg 
Views:	360 
Size:	15.8 KB 
ID:	274418

Boolit Mold
    Hmm, In order to get it to fit I first tried dremeling down the notches on the sides since they seemed bigger than the ones on GWS adapter. That didn't work so then I dremeled the top down and now it fits perfect. I'm not sure if I just dremeled down the top if it would have worked or not. I really need to learn how to use a cad program so I can figure this stuff out the proper way.

Name:	adapter.jpg 
Views:	360 
Size:	15.8 KB 
ID:	274418
    Its a little tight but once worked a little they are lose now.. Did have to do anything to them. Do look into the female side and check how the printing is in there.. Just a tad bit of cleaning up from printing.