Snyders JerkyInline FabricationLoad DataRotoMetals2
WidenersLee PrecisionRepackboxReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters Supply Titan Reloading
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Titegroup w/ hardcast lead?

Boolit Master

I only used TG once, a pound my neighbor scored during the last component crisis. It shot okay as I recall. My go to powders are Unique for just about everything, Bullseye for 380 ACP, IMR 4227 for cast .223/5.56, and .308 Win. If I load jacketed I still use 4227 for plinking .223, but use 4895 for the .308 and hunting rounds for .223/5.56 rounds. I know Red Dot works well, I had a cousin who gave me an 8 lb keg he had and couldn't use. I loaded him a bunch of .38 SP for his S&W 686 and he loved it.
    Common sense Gun Safety . . .

Is taught at the Range!

The people's republic of Commifornia, in Somerset
    I use TG in 9mm and .40 a ton. Never tried it magnums

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

I use TG because it was available. I like Unique better, but TG will do for now. I use it in 10, 45, 38, 357, and 44mag. ... never loading to max. Pull trigger, Big Bang, hole in target very close to other holes. Result is acceptable.
    Mould forth, and load in peace.

Boolit Master
    Works fine in 9mm and I use 5 grains under a 160 gr. Keith style boolit in my .44 special. Also works for powder puff loads in rifles.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Luber View Post
    Good jword powder, burns very hot hence the smoke with boolets. Is that what you see?
    Since I shoot USPSA smoke is a problem. I started a quest to find a powder that smoked less. After trying many different powders, the conclusion was that the powder made little difference. The lube caused most of the smoke, verified by the smoke going away when I started powder coating the boolits.

I’ve used many pounds of TG for .40 S&W. I don’t think it’s a recommended powder for .40 but it’s very popular with USPSA shooters. Most USPSA folks load 180 grain boolits to 930-950 fps which is about 100 fps below factory levels but still makes major power factor.
    Last edited by David2011; 12-28-2020 at 09:01 AM.
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

I use Titegroup in 357 mag 4.6gr under a NOE 158 WFN for Silly wets it does OK . I used it in 9mm with 124 lee cast I think 3.8gr , but Unique does the job better . I'm going to try 231 in the 357 next , looks like a little more wiggle room in the data . I run the Titegroup load up though the Turkeys at 75 M , then the Ram load I run 11.4gr of AA#9 because it does better at 100 M . The selling point was the ( not position sensitive ) . If I run across a # of 231 its going home .

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    Jesus said ( Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest ) Matt. 11:28