Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionTitan Reloading
RepackboxInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Wideners

Thread: Uberti 1873 Winchester and Beretta 1873 Revolver both in 45 Colt

Uberti 1873 Winchester and Beretta 1873 Revolver both in 45 Colt

Guy's had these at my LGS. Could not pass them up. Sighted them in and both shot really well with Cowboy loads. Love shooting both of these. I looked at the Uberti vs. Beretta 45 Colt revolvers. I really liked that the Beretta had the transfer bar and no Beasley grip frame. They were both really nice but the Beretta won me over. Plus the Beretta is not as common as the Uberti and it's made to Beretta specifications. Had to make a display stand for them as you can tell.

Aim Small, Miss Small.

Boolit Buddy
    Beretta owns Uberti.

Boolit Buddy
    Now you can put on your 10 gallon hat and ride to the sound of gunfire.

downzero,
    Thanks I was not aware. This is the first Beretta that ever interested me and that I have owned.

Prairie Cowboy,
    That's just to funny. A 10 gallon hat won't fit my 12 Gallon Head.
    Aim Small, Miss Small.

Boolit Buddy

I recently bought a Beretta Stampede in 357 (4 3/4” nickel) to pair with my Winchester/Miroku 1873 in 357. I need to get them together for some pics.

Yes Warhawk would love to see them.
    Aim Small, Miss Small.

Boolit Master

Yes Beretta and Stoeger and Uberti and some others are all under the same management , as to quality well that is in the price point sometimes and the eye of the consumer .

Those are nice pieces , I have the same rifle and I love it , as to pistols I have 2 uberti no transfer bars in 45 colt and I have removed the annoying base pin safety also , also have a 32-20 and a 357 , then a Pietta in 45 colt , gave my father a birds head grip Pietta in 45 colt .

Loading for them with lee 255 rf and powder coated , love the way they shoot , great deals last year around this time , this year I see nothing as cheap as what I bought .

Gave the son a Ruger Blackhawk in 45 colt as he did not want a SAA copy , first trip to the range the Ruger only loads were more then he liked , to tell the truth the Colt replicas are just as fun to shoot and are powerful enough , that I to enjoy them more .

Bought the youngest son a Henry 22lr this Christmas and going to put a new front sight and a peep on the back , ordered a peep for myself for the 1886 and if it works and is what I like I will put one on the 1873 also .

Attachment 273369

Looks like you like the shorter barreled revolvers. I like a shorter barrel also but the 7.5" Beretta is the only Beretta they had. What peep are you putting on the 1886 ? Thanks for posting that picture.
    Aim Small, Miss Small.

I'm still searching for a rifle companion for my Evil Roy. Takes patience for those of us the buy private sale only. I looked at one of those Berettas but refuse to buy an SAA with a transfer bar.

jstanfield-- I like your photo and choice of firearms. I have somewhat the same set, only in .44-40 WCF.

DG

That is pretty sweet.

Boolit Master

First link is what I am going to see if it fits or works for the 1886 , and to see how it lines up on the 1873 , if it does not work I will adapt it or pass it on

https://www.dixiegunworks.com/index/...REEDMORE+SIGHT

This is what I am putting on the sons henry https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1005990396?pid=313512
    and of course I ordered last night and today email shows they are offering free shipping oh well I used to have longer barrels in my Ruger Blackhawks , but the shorter balances better for me .

Those Ubertis are sure pretty and so are the Beretta , Stoeger , and other lines , I bought the rifle and pistols last December all were used and only the 32-20 had a chip out of stock , I did have to take the buttstock off the 1873 rifle as the lever catch pin had come loose or something as I did not find it in there when I took it apart , spring had weak tension , easy fix .

I have been looking at the Winchester 1873 with a shotgun butt and I like the way the longer barrel Uberti looks but prices are up and selection seems to be down , all in all you will enjoy your rifle and pistol , my preferred carry when traipsing around the woods now , and that is a nice display .

Boolit Master
    Really like the Uberti 1873 copies, the 44-40 is my favorite.
    Where's the Kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth shattering Kaboom.

Marvin the Martian

Thanks guy's and thanks for the link to that peep sight. That would be awesome on that rifle. I while have to decide on that. I really like that peep but I hate them mounted on the tang, but no other choice for this rifle.
    Aim Small, Miss Small.

Boolit Grand Master

Those "grooved receiver" peeps are the best.. So far the 22's and Blue Streak we have used them on did not need a taller front.
    "Behold The Lamb of God that taketh away the sin of the world". John 1:29
    Male Guanaco out in dry lakebed at 10,800 feet south of Arequipa.

I have an uberti '73 with a 30" barrel in .45. Shot alot of Cowboy action with it with real black powder, never failed me. It will hold 22 Schofields with the long barrel.

Thanks for all the ideas and comments guy's Love all the info and comments.
    Aim Small, Miss Small.