MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataRepackboxWideners
Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2Inline FabricationLee Precision
Titan Reloading

Thread: Cimarron 1897 pump any good??

Boolit Buddy

Cimarron 1897 pump any good??

Feel free to move this if needed! I know this isn’t a rifle, but wasn’t sure where to put this.

This is the about the Cimarron 1897 Winchester pump 12ga with 20” barrel w/screw in chokes!

I’ve found one locally and the guy is wanting to do a trade for a 9mm I have. The ‘97 is very nice, like new condition. Fit and finish seem to be very nice. The action is pretty smooth for a 1897. We are in the $450-500 trade value range.

They were/are marketed toward the cowboy action crowd, but I’m thinking about a WWI trench replica... my questions are, what are they like? Any quality concerns, functionality? What are the pros and cons, any known issues?

Thanks very much
    “You’ve got to slow down to be fast” - Dad

Boolit Mold
    wife and i shoot Cowboy Action ... we both switched from a hammered SXS many yrs ago and have not looked back ... i have an original winchester 97 that is back-up gun but have never needed it in the past 8 yrs or so .... we both shoot the Chinese version of the 97 with NEVER a problem .. IF they do break parts could be a problem although it is said many parts can be interchanged with the winchesters, but never had to do it ... IF you "slam fire" these gun winchester/chinese the extractors will wear and cause problems .... last week my wife found a used IAC 97 prepared by Cody Cap that looked like new and has screw in chocks, cost $600 at LGS that we deal with .... it followed us home and now she has 2 of these 97s .. i do not know who makes the Cimarron 97s but i do know i like gun that Cimarron sells, i think they generally have better fit and finish ... do not think you can go wrong at that price

Boolit Buddy
    Thank you very much. That’s just what I was looking for, real life experience with the import ‘97s.
    “You’ve got to slow down to be fast” - Dad