Load DataRotoMetals2Inline FabricationTitan Reloading
Lee PrecisionWidenersRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders Jerky
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lee 105 SWC in a 9mm

Boolit Bub

Lee 105 SWC in a 9mm

I'm looking for some bullet options for my 9, has anyone sized a Lee 105 SWC to 356 to shoot in a 9mm, I would think that about 3.0 Bullseye would work.

Thanks, Marshhawk

Boolit Master
    I cannot get that one to feed successfully in my S&W shield or the beretta 92
    I'm a Red Cross blood donor- are you? Make an appointment to donate today http://www.redcrossblood.org/make-donation
    http://www.redcrossblood.org/

FOR Disaster Relief DONATIONS-
    http://http://www.redcross.org/charitable-donations

Boolit Buddy
    I sized them to .356 and they'll feed if they are seated to where the bearing area barely is above the brass. You need a LOT of powder to get them to cycle though, even in the guns they'd feed in, they wouldn't cycle the gun a lot of the time. I'm going to crank up the powder and try them again sometime.

By "a lot," I mean that I plan to work up to 20% more powder than I'm using for 147 grains, from 3.4 to probably 4.2 grains of the same powder.

Boolit Bub
    I would start looking at charges listed for 115 grain boolits if nothing is shown for the 105 (or whatever is closest to the actual weight as-cast). Size them appropriately for the barrels they'll be used in, seat them where they'll plunk test properly. If I remember, the mold was advertised by Lee as working in the 9mm as well as 38/357.

Boolit Master
    Seems like I've heard of alot of folks using that mold. I haven't used it and I imagine you would need to load fairly medium to stiff loads depending on your gun/recoil spring

Let us know how it goes for you

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

There is a lot of info on this forum for this boolit. It works well in 9mm when seated correctly. I powder coat and use 4grs of Promo or Red Dot. I size to 357.

Boolit Master

Get their 120 gr TC. Feeds way better and cycles action easier.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Rattlesnake Charlie View Post
    Get their 120 gr TC. Feeds way better and cycles action easier.
    Yes, this boolit is my go to...works like a champ...make em by the thousands

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Banned

my shields and my full sized M&P run like crap with it. My 43 and my 19s run but i get a hickup every couple mags. Not what id want to trust my life too but then that bullet isnt what id choose for that anyway. Odd thing is my wifes lc9 runs it like butter even at pop gun levels. good bullet for her. Recoil isnt much more then a 22.

Boolit Master
    I use 4 gr of bulseye. It works good in my nines but leave as cast because my nines are all European and like .358/..359

Boolit Grand Master

Sized to .357 , have shot it in 4 different 9mm Luger pistols .
    Like any cast boolit in the 9mm ... seating depth is critical for feeding .
    Had to experiment ... every one liked something different . Newer and smaller 9mm's have little or no throat ...seating depth must be tried and tested .
    WWII Walther P-38 has a generous throat and loves this little boolit ... it shoots to the pistols sights with no adjustments . P-38's technically are adjustable ... but requires replacing the front sight for elevation and disassembly to push the rear with a special sight pushing tool .

The boolits short length lets you deep seat it and still have plenty room in the case for powder .
    The little Lee boolit is also good for light recoiling loads , easy on pistol and shooter and conserves bullet metal .
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

It works like a charm in my FN. Hipower sized at 356.

Banned

I size it to 357 for all my 9s.

Boolit Master

No way could I get the Lee 105 swc to function in my CZ 75, and it thing eats anything but that one.
    Settled on the Lyman 358242 & Arsenal 360-138 Max. Never had a jam with either one.

Boolit Grand Master

My Walther P-38 Preferred Load:
    9mm Luger
    Lee 358-105-SWC , 50-50 COWW and scrap lead, air cooled,
    sized .357 , Lithi-Bee lube.

4.7 grains Unique - this is my light " target" load for the old P-38 , shoots to it's open iron sights.
    This load will put 15 shots into one ragged hole that spans 1 1/2 inches ! It don't get no better than that for me .

For newer pistols I up the charge to
    5.0 grs. Unique - to ensure proper functioning in newer pistols .

Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Master
    I may need to experiment more with it!
    I'm a Red Cross blood donor- are you? Make an appointment to donate today http://www.redcrossblood.org/make-donation
    http://www.redcrossblood.org/

FOR Disaster Relief DONATIONS-
    http://http://www.redcross.org/charitable-donations

Boolit Master
    I'm shooting it in two XD9s, a P-11 and an AR9. Sized to.358, seated to the crimp groove and taper crimped, it's plunking in all the chambers and runs in all the guns. I use it over Sport Pistol, Power Pistol, Silhouette or TiteGroup. The attraction for me is that it's economical with my Galena.
    I'll be testing it in a couple of .380 ACP as well. Speaking of .380 designs, the Lee 95 gr RF works well in 9mm too.
    Ed <><

Boolit Master

The crimp groove doesn't work for me. I seat it deep where there is just barely any shoulder above the case. It runs in two XDs, two Smiths and a Hi-Point carbine with no hiccups. It works well you just have to get the seating correct.

Boolit Master
    Finster, what are you sizing it to? If I size it to .356, the grooves are almost gone. I use it at .358 bcz I already knew all these 9s liked .358 with the 356402 and the Lee 120 TC. My son's suppressed Skorpion also likes .358 with all the 150-180 heavyweight subsonics we put through it.

Boolit Master

I size to .357 but I have been known to powder coat and shoot as cast with no ill effects.