RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionRepackbox
Snyders JerkyWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Load Data

Thread: New to me Pedersoli 1874Sharps Business rifle.

Boolit Master

New to me Pedersoli 1874Sharps Business rifle.

Late in sharing this, but Tuesday I was at a LGS and shooting the bull. I had brought along a CZ 527 in 6.5Grendel, and a AR I had put together cheap. The cz was a shooter, but had the plain beech stock, and just did not fill a niche in my collection. I noticed a Sharps setting in the rack. It was a new unfired 1874 Business rifle, in 45/70 with nice case and walnut, with a 32"barrel and buckhorn sights. To say they were eager to get rid of it was a understatement, as they dont like the type of guns, catering to CZ, Christian Arms and Tactical rifles types. They had bought it in a estate sale, all or nothing. I mentioned a two for one trade, the CZ and the AR even up. They had $1200 on the gun, with all the box and paperwork. They asked me $200 to boot. I told them no, I would pass. They then had me bring them in and they looked them over. I had a guy interested in the CZ standing there talking, as he knew me and knew I had glass bedded it and had some great loads worked up. I told them i was running short on time, and they said here fill out the paperwork. I had less than $300 in the AR and about $400 in the CZ and the rings , so I am into it for about $700 total. And I kept my promise to my wife of another gun not coming in unless one left. That brings to mind, the question, since I got rid of 2, that means I can bring another one home??I will get TBG to post pics
    Last edited by koger; 11-01-2020 at 10:51 PM.

As far as the wife is concerned, whew tough call! I'd tread lightly in that department....

Congrats on the sharps, there fun.

Nice rifle, Amigo!
    Now you need some case hardened Crocs to match! Ask the Mrs. to hook you up...

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Guessing with the interest lately in AR type rifles the store knew they'd be stupid to pass up your trade. Likely they'll do much better on selling those two rifles than they would the Pedersoli. So good that both parties are happy with the deal.

Boolit Buddy
    Nice rifle!

FWIW. Never understood why they called it a "Business rifle". Sharps Business rifles were 28" round barrels. Straight stock octogon barrel is a #3.

You've committed a great sin, yeilding to temptation. I started with just one Pedersoli . . . . . . . .

Hold Still Varmint; while I plugs Yer!

Boolit Buddy
    'Sharps Business rifles were 28" round barrels' Which is what my Uberti/Pedersoli has. And with a heavy bullet I wish I had more barrel weight.

Boolit Master
    Great job on the rifle!! I am really wanting to find a sharps. I have room in my life for a really nice sharps rifle and shoot some paper patched loads out of it.

Boolit Master
    The Business rifle is what is on the lable on the box, printed by Pedersoli. Dont make sense to me, except that is the model as they catalog it. What another company calls its Business rifle, is irrelevant.

Boolit Bub
    Nice collection, Mate!