Load DataLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Repackbox
Inline Fabrication Wideners
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Best Steak You Ever Ate

Boolit Master
    My next steak will be the one!

Star hotel in Elko Nevada it is a Basque restaurant. Took the wife with me on a business trip and took her on a date night. They served the best filet mignon it was seared on the sides and tender and juicy in the middle. If you have never heard of Basque family style dining it is about a 9 course meal and it is just one long table with everyone sitting together.
    Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid. John Wayne

Boolit Grand Master

A friend got a trip to the Virgin Islands and his father in law took them out to eatat the best place in town a real fancy high class place. They got their steaks and they were the best he had ever had so he asked where do you get your steaks?

The waiter replied we have them flown in from Omaha Steak... lest than 30 miles from his house! They are still one of the best places for quality steaks.

Boolit Buddy

Roberto’s on River Road in St. Martin, Louisiana
    Stronger, Prouder and Greater!

Boolit Buddy
    Good afternoon,

The best steak is an interesting process.

I was raised on a cattle ranch and we always had BEEF and lots of it. We had up to 8 hired men to feed. They worked hard fencing, baling and at our lumber mill. They logged all winter and and sawed lumber in between spring farm work and haying.
    My grandmother on one side would cook steaks on a wood fired stove in a cast iron frying pan then slip them into a hot Dutch oven and pop them in the oven. The other grandmother would hand cut huge steaks about 4” thick and as big as her biggest cast frying pan. Then fry them smoking hot both sides and slip the whole pan in the oven. Both ways were “melt in your mouth” so good....

I have a very high standard for steaks and all beef. I had a flat in Greatfalls Montana and the tire shop was beside a restaurant. So we went over to have breakfast while they fixed the tire. Ordered steak and eggs. Asked the waitress what was the cut of steak, she said “its a big hunk. They hand cut it in the back.” When breakfast arrived it was a plate with toast, eggs and hash browns. A plater with 2 beautiful “hunks of meat”. I felt like I was back at the farm. So perfect, nice crusty, caramel with crunchy edges and ohh..soo perfectly pink and juicy. I remember it like it was yesterday.....went back the next time through and it had burnt down. I asked at the tire shop and they said they weren’t rebuilding it. Every time I drive past I always get a twinge wondering if they started another restaurant.

Now as for a steakhouse steak. I have become quite fond of THE CHOP restaurant. They serve a smoked ribeye that is really good.

As bangerjim said. Home cooked steak is hard to beat.