WidenersLoad DataReloading EverythingLee Precision
RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
Inline Fabrication RotoMetals2

Thread: Unknown Handgun magazines

Boolit Buddy

Unknown Handgun magazines

Please delete if in wrong area but I couldn't find any place else that seemed more appropriate. I have two magazines that I am pretty sure go to some sort of handgun hence the posting here. I have no idea what they go to, or where I even got these from. The only markings on the magazines are on the side showing how many rounds are in the magazine. Any help identifying these is appreciated.

Thanks
    Robert
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 122718368_4592431100798372_2989084897299328377_n.jpg   122725627_4592431744131641_8891551412536724953_n.jpg  

Boolit Master

Just stating the obvious, from the pics they’re single stack, 8 round capacity. Did you try to see if a standard semi auto pistol round (32, 9mm, 40 or 45 acp) fits and is retained by the mag feed lips? Knowing the cartridge may narrow things down. The shape of the follower is (to me) unusual. I’d think someone would recognize the manufacturer based on that.
    If you have a caliper the mag width and front to back length could be helpful. The wide base plate and the position of mag release slot would make me think it’s not from a really old pistol. Ditto the ‘safety color’ of the plastic follower. Surprised at the lack of response to your post. Good luck and keep us posted.

They look like they are for a S&W model 39 or 952. See if a 9MM fits.

Boolit Grand Master
    Those look like after market S&W 909 mags, but I can't be sure. I have seen those followers, but darned if I can remember where.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Boolit Grand Master
    If those are 45 caliber, they are probably for a S&W 4506 series pistol, though most of the ones I've seen were stainless.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Boolit Buddy
    Yep, I'd say S&W 3914/908 magazines.

Howard

Boolit Buddy
    Definitely 9mm. I checked around on S&W 3914/908 mags and it looks like that is exactly what they are. Now to decide do I sell/trade these or buy another gun..

Thanks Everyone
    Robert