Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxLoad Data
WidenersRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyReloading Everything
Titan Reloading Inline Fabrication

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Spent the last three days tearing apart my reloading room and consolidating it into a large cabinet so I can use the room as a bathroom. Converting my shop into an apartment for my handicapped brother. So my reloading and casting stuff got moved into the garage. It'll work fine, and I can lock everything up, but talk about a sucky job moving everything. I just want to sit down and load some ammo, but I still need to finish getting set back up. On a positive note, I have all the stuff to load some for my new 45-70 handi rifle! Maybe tomorrow...
    "Give me liberty, or give me death!" Patrick Henry ,March 23, 1775

Boolit Master

Organized my lead ingot piles/stock.

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Quote Originally Posted by adcoch1 View Post
    Spent the last three days tearing apart my reloading room and consolidating it into a large cabinet so I can use the room as a bathroom. Converting my shop into an apartment for my handicapped brother. So my reloading and casting stuff got moved into the garage. It'll work fine, and I can lock everything up, but talk about a sucky job moving everything. I just want to sit down and load some ammo, but I still need to finish getting set back up. On a positive note, I have all the stuff to load some for my new 45-70 handi rifle! Maybe tomorrow...
    Tell me about it. I had to move my reloading room so that I could build a ramp to slide water softener salt into the basement. Took me a solid week just moving and setting up and another week organizing in the next adjacent area of the basement.

Couldn't sleep so got up at 2 am and went to the basement to do a little reloading and putz around. Sized and primed some 44 mag brass. Now at 7:30 am I am kicked back in my reloading room and watching Zane Gray Theater on television.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Static line View Post
    Couldn't sleep so got up at 2 am and went to the basement to do a little reloading and putz around. Sized and primed some 44 mag brass. Now at 7:30 am I am kicked back in my reloading room and watching Zane Gray Theater on television.
    Yup that happens some times!! ♥️♥️♥️

Loaded another 150 40 S&W on my way to loading all of my cast 40s...
    WWG1WGA

Boolit Master

I loaded up a 50 box of 45 Colt with the Lyman 454424 & Herco.

CW

Yesterday I took some 452-230-TC bullets that I had lubed and decided that I dont want to use lube any more... So I put them in a tray with paper towels and into the 250 degree oven they went. After the lube looked like it was all melted off I pulled them out and into a acetone soak for 30 minutes.

Today I figured I would powder coat them..... Boy was I wrong! They must have been covered with lube still and the powder coat clumped all over. I learned a good lesson though, Take the lube off with a little wooden tool, then place them sideways on a tray to melt the remaining lube off in the oven. As soon as that is done I put them into a pot of boiling water for 30 minutes.

When the 30 minutes are up I pour the entire pot of water and bullets into a 5 gallon bucket that is 3/4 filled with cold water. I could see the lube that I thought was all gone congeal up at the top but I was wondering how to get the bullets out without getting it all over them again.... So I moved the bucket outside and kept putting in water with the hose until it started over flowing. I then dumped it while spraying in water and keeping my bullets from rolling all around on the driveway.

After I dried them I was going to do a second coat on them but they felt sticky like they had lube on them still... so onto a tray with paper towels again and into the oven again but this time when they were done I dumped them into a bucket of water with dawn dish soap right out of the oven and rubbed them between my soapy hands for a few minutes and then into a clean bucket of water. Now they feel right and hopefully ready for another coat.

I found out the acetone doesn't seem to do anything so I left it out of the process.

Oh, I did this to 60lbs of 44 mag bullets as well and they all feel squeaky clean now, Only about 140lbs of 45-70 bullets to go and I wont have any lubed bullets left

Boolit Buddy
    Wet tumbled 1100 .45ACP cases and loaded 500 .38 specials.

Loaded another 100 40s. I've loaded 550 40 s&w boolits this week - it looks like I have about 60 or 70 more boolits to load... So, tomorrow I'm going to cast a bunch of 36-180s, 40s and I need to cast proabably at least 10lbs of slugs...
    WWG1WGA

I cast some MP-36-200s and some Lee 358-125-RFs from ACCOWW today.

Boolit Master
    loaded some 357 mag and 45-70

Boolit Master

I cast/ingot some large ingots I was given of unknown alloy. One pig is Babbit as its marked ASTM. But the other appears MONO Type. As its about 24BHN.

I melted and made small ingots from the ASTM plus one 38/140 DEWC. Tested in a LBT BHN it was 16 out if the mold and an astonishing 40+ this AM!!

CW

Quote Originally Posted by cwlongshot View Post
    I cast/ingot some large ingots I was given of unknown alloy. One pig is Babbit as its marked ASTM. But the other appears MONO Type. As its about 24BHN.

I melted and made small ingots from the ASTM plus one 38/140 DEWC. Tested in a LBT BHN it was 16 out if the mold and an astonishing 40+ this AM!!

CW
    40 BHN??? If you cast boolits out of that, your gonna have to drive thos suckers HARD to get them to obturate.
    WWG1WGA

Cast 105 slugs and about 10lbs of 45s...
    Attachment 270125
    WWG1WGA

Boolit Buddy
    Good evening,

My reloading room chores were light today....just put away the brand new 200 sealed in the box Lapua 260 Rem brass I scored at the local gun show!!

Tomorrow is a full day of 223 and 32 S&W Long reloading.

Quote Originally Posted by bullseye67 View Post
    Good evening,

My reloading room chores were light today....just put away the brand new 200 sealed in the box Lapua 260 Rem brass I scored at the local gun show!!

Tomorrow is a full day of 223 and 32 S&W Long reloading.
    I'm jealous that y'all get to have gun shows! I think it has been almost a year since I've been to one...
    WWG1WGA

Boolit Master
    Sorted brass, and found that a five gallon bucket will hold almost exactly 10,000 loose 9mm cases. I also found that that's just shy of 90#, so the buckets are staying where I filled them...

Boolit Master
    I have spent the week past beating the demons out of a 09 arginine mauser receiver with a midway special 308 barrel installed . With help from the members here , I finally got my trigger issues worked out with the Timmy trigger replacement , just to discover I had a set of scope rings mounted that were way out of alignment . I think I got everything working good now - but it's raining .
    A few times last week my wife mentioned ( you do it for the fun of it right ) .

Boolit Master
    LOL I enjoy the posts!

I cleaned my Pro Melt 2 for the second time and lapped the new style pin to the valve seat with some 1200 grit diamond and tested it with water first. That held and I tried a half pot of lead. Not a stray drip so I tried a full pot. I finally got a few hundred water dropped 432 Larsen bullets cast. The pot went into major drool mode in the middle of my last casting session and I had to stop.

I think I'll order a new PID for the old Pro Melt as a ready threat to embarrass the new one if it messes up.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Larson9.jpg  
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Page 466 of 604 FirstFirst ... 366416456457458459460461462463464465466467468469470471472473474475476516566 ... LastLast