Inline FabricationWidenersLee PrecisionRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
Titan Reloading

Thread: Local Gun store

Local Gun store

HI all,

During my travels today, I went to a local Gun Store and the Lady that was working the counter, did not have anything is stock, she said a 6 month waite.
    She did say that if she could get enough reloaders to order she would make a giant order and not have to pay the Hazmat fee.

I am now on the waiting list, for

Large Pistol Primers
    Small Rifle Primers
    Large Rifle Primers

IMR 3031
    Tite Group

Wish me luck.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
    SEMPER FI

If I should depart this life while defending those who cannot defend themselves, then I have died the most honorable of deaths. Marc R. Murphy '2006'.

Boolit Buddy
    If mid-AZ is within your travels, High Country Guns in Prescott and Prescott Valley Guns in Prescott Valley are both pretty well supplied with handloaders' supplies. I visit my dad in Prescott every other month and keep tabs. Give 'em a call...

Richard
    Plans and dreams are what we have until life gets in the way.

XNGH E Clampus Vitus, Platrix Chapter No. 2 "Credo Quia Absurdum"

Typecaster,

WOW!!!!

Thanks sooo much for the heads up!!!

I will call them,

I am looking to travel spring break, late March
    FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
    SEMPER FI

If I should depart this life while defending those who cannot defend themselves, then I have died the most honorable of deaths. Marc R. Murphy '2006'.

Boolit Grand Master

I heard powder valley is a good place to order powder and primer. I haven't done it yet because I don't need a big enough quantity to make ordering worth while.
    Aim small, miss small!

Quote Originally Posted by mooman76 View Post
    I heard powder valley is a good place to order powder and primer. I haven't done it yet because I don't need a big enough quantity to make ordering worth while.
    They are a good supplier, I have used them often, but they are out of a lot of stuff too. Keep checking their web site for updates until what you need is available. FWIW for me even a small order is worth it because of the difference in price compared to my local suppliers. A couple thousand primers and a pound or two of powder makes up for shipping and hazmat fees for me.

Boolit Master
    I wouldn't wait too long. My favorite supplier is GRAFS in Mexico MO. The wife was visiting her sister and had to drive past their store on the way. I "picked my nose" and didn't have her get me an 8 pounder of 4227 last week...now it is out of stock!

Check out the section on smokless powder at GRAFS web site. 16 pages of items and OUT OF STOCK on the popular items. Primers are the same way. I'm not picking on GRAFS...they are my first choice for any components...I watch their web site and have plastic handy for an order. It's about 60 miles past my work site and an hour or so each way on good roads.

My local shop had 5000 Large Pistol Winchester primers last week...nothing left now! He still has some small pistol and both rifle sizes, but raised the price too.

Banned
    Where in northern arizona? I'm in Flagstaff. Flagstaff stores don't carry reloading stuff, period.

Crossbow Enterprises (crossbow@fone.net) is in Colorado but they drive through Flagstaff several times a year. I find out when they are passing through town the next time, set up an order, mail them the money and they drop the stuff off during their next trip. No hazmat fees. Works just fine. They have good prices and usually have just about everything in stock.

Boolit Bub
    Klw-

have you tried The Ammo Place off of 4th street. He was low on stuff last week because only a third of his order came in. He usually has a lot of stuff. Also horizon shoters is getting out of reloading supplies. lots of clearance stuff.

Banned
    I have never done much business with the Ammo Place. Probably haven't been in their store in three or four years. Just didn't have anything of interest. Of course with Horizona Shooters out of the reloading business the Ammo Place will be the only one in town carrying any of this.

I'm surprised that Horizon is going out of the reloading business. They seemed to be doing a steady busines in this stuff. Any idea why they are dropping out?
    Last edited by klw; 02-20-2009 at 09:48 AM.

Boolit Master
    I had good luck with Midsouth Shooters Supply in Clarksville Tenn. regarding primers, but that was several months ago. You might try them.

exile
    "There is not a single instance in history in which civil liberty was lost, and religious liberty preserved entire. If therefore we yield up our temporal property, we at the same time deliver the conscience into bondage." --John Witherspoon, The Dominion of Providence Over the Passions of Men. 1776

"The words of the Lord are pure words, like silver refined in a furnace on the ground, purified seven times." Psalm 12:6 (E.S.V.)

Do not get in a hurry lol. I have had an order in with Powder Valley since Dec/26 th for IMR-3031 and still waiting.