Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
RepackboxWidenersLoad DataSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2
Page 73 of 364 FirstFirst ... 23636465666768697071727374757677787980818283123173 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,460 of 7278

Thread: Making that Bullet Collator

Quote Originally Posted by TylerR View Post
    Looking good GWS. Designing is very addictive isn't it?
    Question on this. If one wants to modify a design, is it possible to make the design change on the .stl? If so, what software can be used? I was under the impression the .stl cant be modified. I try to use fusion 360 for any designing but am open to change

Quote Originally Posted by JSATX View Post
    Just a follow up on my previous post. I’m going to order one of these. https://www.amazon.com/Greartisan-Se.../dp/B07YBXMTWC

The specs look absolutely perfect for what we’re trying to do, it’s widely available, and compared to the McMaster motor it’s way cheaper.

But I don’t have a way to modify the bullet feeder base. Would anyone be willing to make a version for this? The motor dimensions are below. I only use fusion360 for cad and unfortunately I find it very difficult to modify STL files with that program.

Attachment 269302
    I am not against creating and maintaining a base for another motor. Before doing that it would be nice to get some consensus on what really is the best motor out there that will work and is cheap and available.

Quote Originally Posted by lablover View Post
    Question on this. If one wants to modify a design, is it possible to make the design change on the .stl? If so, what software can be used? I was under the impression the .stl cant be modified. I try to use fusion 360 for any designing but am open to change
    Design spark can import an stl file and convert it to a "solid". Once this is done it can be manipulated. Flat surfaces are easy to make changes to. Any surface that is curved is not easily modified and must be recreated from scratch. So the stl is more of a template you can use to generate a working part.

Anyone try AutoDesks free MeshMixer? Directly edits STLs, but how well, I don't know....just now investigating more seriously:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCgP...ECa-HXBQEAv546

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMaih-vPNr4
    Last edited by GWS; 10-13-2020 at 04:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GWS View Post
    Anyone try AutoDesks free MeshMixer? Directly edits STLs, but how well, I don't know....just now investigating:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCgP...ECa-HXBQEAv546

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMaih-vPNr4
    Yes, I tried playing around with it. It did not seem to work for what I was trying to do, but I can't say I put a ton of time in to it.

Boolit Buddy
    Same as TylerR.. I could not get a good feel for Meshmixer. Nothing I was doing needed that kind of editing.

Well I downloaded Meshmixer a while back and came to the same conclusion......but then I didn't think I needed Autocad's 3d either. Maybe I'll try a little harder.....have a closer looksee.

Printing the baffle update:

The old one works, but it allows an occasional bullet to ride on top and not come down....and that'd be worse with a whole box of bullets. So I added a back wall to prevent that.

I think I'm getting addicted to candy green.....maybe I'll buy a similar roll of blue and red.....

Well I downloaded Meshmixer a while back and came to the same conclusion......but then I didn't think I needed Autocad's 3d either. Maybe I'll try a little harder.....have a closer looksee.

Printing the baffle update:

The old one works, but it allows an occasional bullet to ride on top and not come down....and that'd be worse with a whole box of bullets. So I added a back wall to prevent that.

I think I'm getting addicted to candy green.....maybe I'll buy a similar roll of blue and red.....
    I need to get a roll of that!

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by lablover View Post
    I need to get a roll of that!
    Yeah that green is pretty cool looking. I have some green from another company and I had to do all kinds of changes to get it to print acceptable.

GWS.. what green is that?

It's called Green Silk Composite from Zyltec in Houston Texas. http://www.zyltech.com/pla/ I think the Blue Silk would be cool too! Plan to order some....

It's been a dream to print with....and I'm a beginner. Layers are .2. It's still got an hour to print, but here's so far:

The following is the original part, but lots of bullets climbed onto the ledge which was tapered but not enough when the whole feeder is tilted back, so, I punted. (btw, the feeder in this mode works 100% tilted only 20 degrees)
    Last edited by GWS; 10-13-2020 at 09:50 PM.

It's finished....

Last three pictures. First, before replacing the baffle with the new one.

Then after:

The "logs" sticking out combined with the small ribs on the plate wheel knock over any boolits standing upright.

I know....a lot of Green.
    Last edited by GWS; 10-13-2020 at 09:58 PM.

Boolit Master

Hi GWS,
    Your pictures aren't coming through.
    Ed

ETA: Never mind. It appears this is my browser's issue.
    Last edited by RedlegEd; 10-13-2020 at 10:32 PM.

Really? Which post #'s don't work.......they do from my end so I would never know. Wonder if the site is doing something different?

I type, [IMG] then the image address with no spaces before or after then [/IMG] like I always have, and they show normal from my computer......

Boolit Master

Really? Which post #'s don't work.......they do from my end so I would never know. Wonder if the site is doing something different?

I type, [IMG] then the image address with no spaces before or after then [/IMG] like I always have, and they show normal from my computer......
    Guess what?!?! They show up just fine with Chrome, but not Firefox. Mmmmm. Might need to relook at which browser I'm using.
    Ed

Quote Originally Posted by RedlegEd View Post
    Hi GWS,
    Your pictures aren't coming through.
    Ed

ETA: Never mind. It appears this is my browser's issue.
    I'm not sure. I am in chrome but I still don't see any pictures in his last couple of posts. They were showing up fine before that.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by TylerR View Post
    I'm not sure. I am in chrome but I still don't see any pictures in his last couple of posts. They were showing up fine before that.
    Just checked again in Chrome and it's not working now. When I did see them, they were pretty neat.
    Ed

This is too weird!

Do you see this?

How about as an attachment......

Attachment 269363

I sure see them and I'm using Firefox. Double weird. Wonder if Cast Boolits is doing something.....band width wise?

Boolit Master

This is too weird!

Do you see this?

How about as an attachment......

Attachment 269363

I sure see them and I'm using Firefox. Double weird. Wonder if Cast Boolits is doing something.....band width wise?
    Yep, I can see them now.
    Ed

What about the old ones....are they back.....is it getting too green around here?!

On the other forum I explained why the plate and baffle system......just going to quote that here so people understand how this works.

The bullet drop wheel/plate has shaped holes with 2 diameter holes, one smaller than the other tangents connected.

That way, as long as the baffle above the wheel is no higher (minimum clearance) than a sideways bullet then bullets can only fall point down. Bullets that try to fall in base down are stuck part in and part out until they reach the knocker which knocks them back to the bottom. Watch the video again and you'll see what I mean.....

So no flipping ramp or drop plate is needed. (and no patent infringement either)

Boolit Man
    Anyone need a 223 plate and 308 plate with shaft?

I accidentally printed one of each without the hex. These are the bigger ones for Tyler’s bigger design. They are printed on Prusament PETG.

Just pay shipping plus 3 bucks and I’ll mail them to you.

If no one wants them I’ll just keep them just in case I have issues with the hex as I had to drill the motor shaft and shorten the Allen screws that came with the hex connectors as well as locktight them. I had them back out after just running the collator for less than 45 minutes just to test function.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ECD2B79C-A713-416F-B0A8-AAA5C391AD69.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	28.0 KB 
ID:	269375