Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingLoad DataRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
Titan Reloading Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My 1st casting today

Boolit Buddy
    Still waiting on all sizer stuff to arrive. It seems.lee is discontinuing their old style sizers, so I'm having trouble finding some. I did order their new app setup and have a .454 sizer coming. That is the cylinder size on this particular one.

Boolit Master
    You may want to try the NOE sizer.You cna get any size bushing you need.I love mine.
    https://noebulletmolds.com/site/prod...-size-die-body

Boolit Master
    Used Lee sizers for quite a while, but, I like the NOE better. I especially like that they have nose size dies for my rifle bullets.

Boolit Master

Somewhere between the Red and the Rio Grande
    Great !! Now we just need to get you powder coating those fine boolits!!! LOL
    Keep your powder dry and watch your six !!

Boolit Buddy
    Baby steps, pc looks like a great thing. However, one step at a time. This new found hobby is already getting spendy..... Some day I will save money on reloading, that's what I keep telling the wife....

Boolit Master
    I loaded alot of ammo on single stage press for may years very basic setup.Cant say i realy saved money per say.Sure i loded ammo for less money but that made it so i could shoot more for the same money.What i did get to do was make my varment guns shoot real well.So the idea of saving money is is there but this is a hobby and we all know where that goes LOL.
    The thing is buy good stuff be it new or used.I put up the NOE sizer setup cuz it is a good stuff once you have the die body setup the bushing are like 10 bucks each and they are round and right to the size you need with alot of options down the road.I use mone more than I thought i would.For PC i have a small toaster oven i got new at walmart 40 bucks.Buy good powder for PC.to me i hate buying something then find it is not working the best and have to buy it again.Rember many here have been loading and casting for many years.And like me did not buy all this stuff all at once.I started loading in 1990 and casting in 2012.Half the fun is figureing out what you want to do and finding all the stuff you need to do it.The reward is makeing ammo that shoots well in your guns and being able to say hey I roll my own.

Boolit Buddy
    I use hamster bedding also. Works great.
    'The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.
    Daniel J. Boorstin

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
    Albert Einstein