WidenersTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionReloading Everything
Load DataRepackboxInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Snyders Jerky MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Sharpshooter 22LR reloading products

Boolit Man

Sharpshooter 22LR reloading products

Has anybody on this forum ever used Sharpshooter 22LR reloader products? If so, what product did you use and how reliable were the results?

Vendor Sponsor

The ones I've seen at the big shows looked like they worked pretty well.

However you'd have to be pretty desperate to reload .22 rimfires,,, Like there is no other way period !!!

When things are right you can stockpile a couple of bricks and have 1000 rounds sitting there, which would last you for a very long time even in combat situations. If you are using the gun specifically for Combat Purposes then buy 4 bricks? I doubt many of you have 2000 rounds of .223 laying around and that would be a better choice than a 10/22. Still I have my 10/22 set up for Light Combat (25 round mags and a Red Dot) and even have some CCI CB Longs to fire in it for low noise use. It could be useful in a Urban Situation.

But I also have several Center Fire Alternatives that I can conveniently reload if needed.

Tools like this are "last ditch" type of tools, and you would only need them if there was absolutely no other way to fire that gun.. And before I bought one, which I haven't !!!, I would look at the more obvious alternative of stockpiling some ammo.

My .02

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Boolit Grand Master
    Randy echoes my opinion on reloading .22's. It will never happen. I have a good stock of .22's bought over the last 15 years when prices were decent. Some purchased last year at less than $200/case of 5000.

For SHTF, reloading a CF pistol caliber is efficient and effective. Way faster than reloading .22's and much higher killing power. Plus you need to cast those itty bitty .22's and it is not a normal .224 bullet.

Rimfires are typically less reliable than centerfires in terms of ignition and that makes them inferior when the SHTF. Trying to prime an already fired rimfire seems prone to issue...a least to me.
    Don Verna

Boolit Master
    Since they say not to mix in metal container I think they may be very corrosive. But I guess that would not matter as a last ditch effort.

Boolit Man
    Thanks for the input fellows. Certainly gives me something to think about.

Boolit Master
    I have a fair amount of lr. laid by and a number of smaller centerfire cartridges with which to fire and reload again.

Three44s
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret4207

“There is more to this than dumping lead in a hole.”

Boolit Master
    I could see it being a viable option maybe in some unobtainable rimfires such as .32 or .44