RotoMetals2MCD ProductsMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingRepackboxInline Fabrication

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AR and Cast

Banned

AR and Cast

Are cast boolits used in ARs successfully?

Boolit Master
    Yes
    Long, Wide, Deep, and Without Hesitation!

Boolit Grand Master

Seattle?

"black lives matter" ?

Are you the dude with the AR standing front of the barricade entrance to chaz? Given the current circumstances there I'll not discuss firearms, reloading or shooting with you.

BTW; All Lives Matter
    Larry Gibson

“Deficient observation is merely a form of ignorance and responsible for the many morbid notions and foolish ideas prevailing.”
    ― Nikola Tesla

He maybe the feller barricaded in his house with nothin but a pile of coww in one hand and a toy rifle (well im not a big fan of m16s) in the other. Just a thought
    Those who would trade freedom for safety deserves neither and will lose both

Boolit Grand Master

That could be but then if he believes what he put at the bottom of his post then he wouldn't need to be barricaded in his house in chaz. BTW; no "houses" in chaz…..just several city blocks of big buildings..... and given the fear of lead the left has of lead in Washington, particularly Seattle, they'd have a conniption if they knew he had a stash of COWWs.... of course he could be a "believer" and not live in caz and is barricaded in his house all worried about the police or right wing radicals ……..

Anyway, there's a dearth of information regarding his question already on this forum. One would think use of the search engine would answer the question. Perhaps he should explain himself and his interest a bit more?
    Larry Gibson

“Deficient observation is merely a form of ignorance and responsible for the many morbid notions and foolish ideas prevailing.”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    If you want to waste your time/nerves/patience handling those teeny little pills powder coating or lubing them, then trying to get GC's on them, and then trying to get them to stay in the brass long enough to load......then yes......have at it!

I quite casting for AR's 4 years ago. Too much trouble!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just buy FMLJ's by the thousands in bulk. Much easier and a whole lot faster.

banger

Quote Originally Posted by bangerjim View Post
    If you want to waste your time/nerves/patience handling those teeny little pills powder coating or lubing them, then trying to get GC's on them, and then trying to get them to stay in the brass long enough to load......then yes......have at it!

I quite casting for AR's 4 years ago. Too much trouble!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just buy FMLJ's by the thousands in bulk. Much easier and a whole lot faster.

banger
    I agree completely. Went that route and had success. Now I shoot cast in 300 blackout AR. Best caliber for cast in a AR platform for plinking and fun at the range.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    Black wives matter too.

Boolit Man
    Hooah

Boolit Man
    Fans of the 458 would disagree.
    Quote Originally Posted by DAFzipper View Post
    I agree completely. Went that route and had success. Now I shoot cast in 300 blackout AR. Best caliber for cast in a AR platform for plinking and fun at the range.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Most of the bullets I use for my ARs range from 320gr to 420gr. ARs don't come in just one caliber. Though I do cast for the little .22cal ones too, I never found those too difficult to deal with. They just won't stay standing up for pan lube or PC.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by J Six View Post
    Are cast boolits used in ARs successfully?
    223/556 ...the answer is yes.
    the trick is finding a load that is accurate and will also cycle the action, that is a narrow window with the optimum powder, and non-existent with powders that are generally used with j-words.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Master

If you want low power loads the answer is no, if you want reduced loads just for range fun the answer is yes. Agree with the others though a quick search will turn up a plethora of information on this subject. Just FYI though guys when I was stationed in Seattle I actually had a much easier time getting wheel weights than I do now that I’m back in Texas.
    90% professional 10% mature

My AR's in 350 Legend and 7.62x39 both run wonderfully with cast PC boolits, no issues at all! The .223 is still getting dialed in in my 24" full rifle length gas tube upper, it like slower gas and a lot of it.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gibson View Post
    Seattle?

"black lives matter" ?

Are you the dude with the AR standing front of the barricade entrance to chaz? Given the current circumstances there I'll not discuss firearms, reloading or shooting with you.

BTW; All Lives Matter
    If black lives matter why the hell aren't they doing something in Chicago?
    NRA Benefactor.

Boolit Grand Master

Shouldn't you be asking the OP?
    Larry Gibson

― Nikola Tesla

I Dont think he'll be comin back with the reception he received

Boolit Grand Master

J six

Perhaps you don't "know" as much as you think. Many of us know the bible and have been successful at loading cast bullets in ARs, even 223/5.56 ones. Many of us are also quite familiar with the "current situation". The thing we understand and you, apparently, don't is that when someone differentiates by race FOR ANY REASON that is "racist". That concept of "racist" has been pounded into us by the PC, celebrate diversity crowd for many years now. In our Republic is why "all lives" should matter, not just black lives according to that narrative of the "democracy" mob. However, as we've seen, with mob rule (anarchy), we are only supposed to now believe that the only "black lives" that "matter" are those killed by police [whether justified or not]. Under the black lives matter/antifa movement the black police officers and black civilians killed don't matter. Neither do all the black lives killed by other blacks..... let alone the other races.

That's the nice thing about our Country as a Republic under the Constitution....we have the freedom to believe what we want. Obviously under the "democracy" of black lives matter movement, heavily influenced and supported by Antifa, we don't have that right. If you'd care for further discussion on the topic perhaps you should take it to "The Pit".

As to reloading cast bullets in ARs, particularly for fast twist 223/5.56 ARs, then consider as bangerjim said;

"If you want to waste your time/nerves/patience handling those teeny little pills powder coating or lubing them, then trying to get GC's on them, and then trying to get them to stay in the brass long enough to load......then yes......have at it!

I quite casting for AR's 4 years ago. Too much trouble!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just buy FMLJ's by the thousands in bulk. Much easier and a whole lot faster."

Additionally, a "search" as already mentioned will give you years of posts on the topic including many from myself and others. That's another nice thing about the freedom of our Constitutional Republic….you have the right to "have at it" if you want.....

Note; if this post seems "out of context" it's because the OP has deleted his post this one is referring to.
    Last edited by Larry Gibson; 06-16-2020 at 09:21 AM.
    Larry Gibson

― Nikola Tesla

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by J Six View Post
    O When someone tells me that "all lives matter", or "blue lives matter", I know they aren't familiar with either their bible or the current situation. I also know they're easily distracted and haven't run cast in ARs successfully.
    Please inform us uneducated and unwashed what we apparently don't know IN YOUR MIND's EYE? You can start with why one life matters more than any other??????????? Specially why doesn't BLM do anything to help solve murders like Demetrius Griffin Jr????????????????????????????????????????????????

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gibson View Post
    J six

Many of us are also quite familiar with the "current situation". The thing we understand and you, apparently, don't is that when someone differentiates by race FOR ANY REASON that is "racist". That concept of "racist" has been pounded into us by the PC celebrate diversity crown for many years now. This is why "all lives" should matter, not just black lives according to that narrative. However, as we've seen, with mob rule (anarchy), we are only supposed to now believe that the only "black lives" that "matter" are those killed by police [whether justified or not]. Under the black lives matter/antifa movement the black police officers and black civilians killed don't matter. Neither do all the black lives killed by other blacks.....

Larry. Very well stated and that is the true reality of the situation.
    Last edited by M-Tecs; 06-16-2020 at 12:38 AM.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

I think your waisting your time he cant even figure out my signature so im outta here