MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Inline FabricationReloading Everything
Load DataTitan ReloadingRepackboxWideners
Snyders Jerky Lee Precision

Thread: Taurus TX22 & FF3

Banned

Taurus TX22 & FF3

Took a chance on a Taurus and got this pistol a few weeks ago. I've been extremely pleased with it for shooting accuracy, fit and finish. An overall a winner for me ... and geez, it's a Taurus, who'da thunk? Maybe being made in Miami, FL, rather than Brazil helped with the quality?

Anyhoo, the gun runs great with all manner of 22's, from CCI Quiet semi-auto to CCI mini-mags and assorted brands and power factors in between. No FTEs or stove pipes, and all ammo (3 boxes worth) fired with no duds. The three dot sight system is good, but the 2-way adjustable rear isn't all that stable and I found that putting some blue Loc-Tite on the threads was an improvement.

Having aiming issues with all handguns and my eyeglass prescriptions, I recently put an ADE red dot on an S&W model 67 and that sold me on handguns and red dots. What a huge difference. The ADE sits very high since the gun's rear sight was replaced with a picatinny rail, which required an added mount for the red dot. This makes dot acquisition not easy at all, and 50% of the time I have to fish around for the darn dot. It's not a carry gun, so no big deal.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00678.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	88.1 KB 
ID:	260595

Buoyed by the revolver red dot success, I ordered out a rear sight plate for the TX22 slide and stuck on a FastFire3 red dot (3moa). Accuracy immediately improved as expected, but dot acquisition instantly became near 100% all the time because dot's proximity is so much closer the the bbl bore. However, due to the added weight of the red dot and mount (about 1.5oz) to the slide, reduced power CCI Quiet semi-auto rounds had about 50% FTEs and CCI std vel rounds had about 15% FTEs. No problem with CCI mini-mags.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00788.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	35.6 KB 
ID:	260594

Now I've got a slide plate and Vortex Venom red dot coming for the Ruger American Compact. Life is still good.

Boolit Master
    Those tuned out good I bet they are a lot of fun to shoot.
    Really nice to have those small sights available for an option on handguns.