Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionRepackboxLoad Data
RotoMetals2Inline FabricationWidenersReloading Everything
Snyders Jerky MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: .45 acp and polygonal rifling.........

Boolit Master
    I have shot and continue to shoot a limited amount of cast in the factory barrel of my G21. Haven't noticed any problems, but I also have an extended length Lone Wolf barrel for it. I feel better about using the LW barrel.

Boolit Buddy
    This isn't about a handgun story but in the early 80's I bought a new Harrington ad Richardson Ultra 300 bolt action rifle in 30-06, this one differed from the usual Mark X mauser action H&R in that it was a SAKO action with a polygon rifled barrel. Not positive if the barrel was made by SAKO or not but it is very accurate. I was a little taken back when I first looked thru the bore when I got it home but I'll take a few more polygon rifled barrels if they shoot as well as this one. Have not shot cast lead thru it yet, I'll get around to it eventually.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by ioon44 View Post
    I have shot many thousand's of Hi-Tek coated 200 gr SWC cast out of my PPQ 45 and never had any problems with leading and accuracy is on par with my 1911's.
    I second the Hi-Tek. I run them in my Walthers. No leading expect the problem i had with titegroup powder. But that was across the board.
    One round at a time.
    Member of the NRA,GOA and FAOC. Gun clubs Zerby rod and gun club. Keystone Fish and Game Association.