Repackbox RotoMetals2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: .22LR Mosin-Nagant

Now I lay me down to sleep
    A gun beside me is what I keep
    If I awake, and you're inside
    The coroner's van is your next ride

Boolit Master
    That is quite interesting, Unique to say the least. I expect they will be selling them for a premium as they seem to be including a lot of things to help make the experience even more better.

Boolit Master

$400 for a dressed up cricket, dont think so.

In Remembrance

The Mauser or the Springfield `03 - MAYBE. Not this MN. I`ll stick with my 10/22`s.Robert

Boolit Master

It's ''new''. In time price will drop. And full size versions will come out.
    One round at a time.
    Member of the NRA,GOA and FAOC. Gun clubs Zerby rod and gun club. Keystone Fish and Game Association.

Boolit Master
    I saw and held one at NRA, super cool LITTLE rifle! Im a MN fan and a half scale version is just neat. They did a great job replicating it. There is a poll going on for the next mini milsurp they make. They have 6-8 different rifles to choose. 03 Springfield, No4 Mk1 Lee, etc. More will be coming.
    ~ Chris

Casting, reloading, shooting, collecting, restoring, smithing, etc, I love it all but most importantly, God, Family, The United States Constitution and Freedom...

God Bless our Troops, Veterans and First Responders!

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas
    Accuracy, Power & Speed

Boolit Buddy
    I wish them well in their endeavor, but I find this a curious choice with which to begin their projected series. I would have thought a .22 M1903 rifle would have more sales appeal to Americans, whom I imagine are the only people in the world with the combination of legal access, discretionary income, and craziness to buy something like this.

1 mile from chickahominy river ( swamp) central va
    Why do people always think the mosin is not the equal of other guns they were used for a very long time . They were the gun of some of the best snipers in ww2. What better endorsement can you have.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardcast416taylor View Post
    The Mauser or the Springfield `03 - MAYBE. Not this MN. I`ll stick with my 10/22`s.Robert
    Same here. Ever since I saw a 1/3 scale non-functional 1903 at a gun show in the late 1980s I've wanted a mini Springfield in .22LR
    Warning: I know Judo. If you force me to prove it I'll shoot you.

Boolit Master
    Original one's were trainers. I have one
    NRA Endowment Member
    International Ammunition Association
    New York, the Empire State Where Empires were Won and Lost

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by salpal48 View Post
    Original one's were trainers. I have one
    I think the Germans built some .22 Mausers for the same purpose. Cant remember if it was a scaled-down '98 or just an inexpensive bolt action for the Youth.
    Warning: I know Judo. If you force me to prove it I'll shoot you.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by JSnover View Post
    I think the Germans built some .22 Mausers for the same purpose. Cant remember if it was a scaled-down '98 or just an inexpensive bolt action for the Youth.
    The .22 German Mauser my dad got during WW2 was definitely not a cheap youth rifle. It was a tack driver and very well made. Sadly some worthless piece of **** broke into his motorhome and stole it.

Boolit Master
    There were some Eastern or Central European .22 caliber training rifles built to mimic the full size Mosin Nagant, though I never saw one with full military type stock set.
    The action was way oversized and strong for a .22 LR so when some were found to have worn chambers a company in the USA rechambered these to .22 Winchester Magnum.

Only handled one specimen that the owner of the local surplus store had picked up at a gun show.
    Action was perhaps a tad shorter than the full size but very thick walled and heavy for a .22.
    I suspect one might alter a M38 short rifle stock set to fit.

BTW
    The Czar had two boy sized Mosin Nagant long rifles built for his sons, chambered for the 7.62 Nagant pistol cartridge. Perfect replicas about 3/4 scale.

I like the idea of the 22 MN. I have an Oberndorf 22 Mauser that my Dad bought as a young man. I was weaned on that rifle. It's not a military clone but it is a pre-war Mauser - the only Mauser I have. I don't have a MN so to me, a mini MN in 22 would be great. It would also be great in 22 hornet.

Funny thing is, I've done a 360 and lean toward iron sights.
    Rest In Peace My Son (01/06/1986 - 14/01/2014)

''Assume everything that moves is a human before identifying as otherwise''

Boolit Mold
    A novel idea but I dont see these in production for long, more of a short production run. One only needs to look at that .22 replica StG44 that was made for a short while. And like Lefty sez, $400 is way overboard for a cricket.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by El Bibliotecario View Post
    I wish them well in their endeavor, but I find this a curious choice with which to begin their projected series.
    I think it was the first choice because it was probably the easiest. The cocking piece on the back of the Winchester 67 descendant's bolt already looks like a Mosin. All it needed was a straightened bolt handle, and if they wanted to make a replica M.N. sniper, they could keep a turned-down on on it.

The pipe-dream would be the eventual appearance of wee tiny stripper clips, wee tiny bayonets, wee tiny volley sights and a wee tiny mag cutoff on the wee tiny SMLE and P14, wee tiny Lange-Visier sights on a wee tiny Gew 98. . .then we'll probably need a wee tiny French 75mm and a wee tiny Paris Gun. WHERE DOES IT END!!!

Yeah. . .I'd be tempted to play. Y'all remember the Tippman / Lakeside rimfire mini Browning machineguns from way back?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Belt fed .22 #1.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	27.7 KB 
ID:	240874 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Belt fed .22 #2.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	15.0 KB 
ID:	240875
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Belt fed .22 #3.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	30.2 KB 
ID:	240876

Get yer roll of caps & yer hobby horse, & you can be a real cowboy!
    WWJMBD?

In the Land of Oz, we cast with wheel weight and 2% Tin, Man.

Boolit Mold
    How much of it is plastic ?
    I'm betting at the least, the trigger guard/magazine is.
    The description of these on their site is lacking in several details.
    I would buy a magazine off the rack if it had an honest review of them.

Boolit Master
    "then we'll probably need a wee tiny French 75mm and a wee tiny Paris Gun. "

Coolest miniature I've seen was a large Japanese artillery and possibly AA gun scaled down to chamber the 11mm Murata cartridge.
    It had a very complicated gun mount with optical sighting and range finder with trajectory computer.that was also a perfect functioning replica of the real thing. Every bolt and rivet was reproduced.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Multigunner View Post
    There were some Eastern or Central European .22 caliber training rifles built to mimic the full size Mosin Nagant, though I never saw one with full military type stock set.
    The action was way oversized and strong for a .22 LR so when some were found to have worn chambers a company in the USA rechambered these to .22 Winchester Magnum.

Only handled one specimen that the owner of the local surplus store had picked up at a gun show.
    Action was perhaps a tad shorter than the full size but very thick walled and heavy for a .22.
    I suspect one might alter a M38 short rifle stock set to fit.

BTW
    The Czar had two boy sized Mosin Nagant long rifles built for his sons, chambered for the 7.62 Nagant pistol cartridge. Perfect replicas about 3/4 scale.
    I think they were Polish trainers, looked a lot like a M44 and were well made. Most of what I saw were a little rough with frosty bores. I did pick out a fairly decent one and it shot really well. Should have kept it as I think the price went out of sight.
    Dave

Boolit Master
    Yep beemer they were polish model 29 training rifles.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast