Inline FabricationLoad DataLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
RepackboxSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2Wideners
Titan Reloading
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ruger PC, now in 40S&W!

Boolit Master

Ruger PC, now in 40S&W!

Posting this here because it’s a pistol caliber carbine!

https://www.ruger.com/products/pcCarbine/models.html
    I'll be needing that for squirrels and such.....

Moderator Emeritus

That's interesting, since now it would be possible to get the back half in .40 S&W, a front half in 9x19, and rechamber the 9x19 into 357 Sig and have something that will shoot flatter and faster.

I just wish they'd make it in either .38 Super or 9x23 Winchester, since I think that would make a handy little carbine with a little speed and versatility.

The mind is such an evil thing............
    After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. - William S. Burroughs.

Boolit Master
    Lame. We need one on 45 acp!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Love Life View Post
    Yep. That takes 1911 mags, not some flavor of the week offering.

Kinda puzzled by their choice, as the .40 seems to be falling quickly out of favor in the LE realm. The federal alphabet soup agencies are dropping it right and left. Granted, it makes more sense once you accept a rifle's weight and can give it a breech block heavy enough to deal with the round's snappy, pistol-breaking recoil, but if you are getting rid of the pistols that might accompany it, the multi-platform appeal is GONE.
    WWJMBD?

In the Land of Oz, we cast with wheel weight and 2% Tin, Man.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Love Life View Post
    I’m thinking the same thing! I was surprised to see anything new in 40S&W from Ruger. Well from any manufacturer really. And I would have though 45ACP was the next logical choice, since the RAP was never produced in 40S&W and everything else has been in 9mm.

Thinking Ruger must have a slew of 40S&W magazines from their SR line. LOL

Lefty

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Lefty Red View Post
    I’m thinking the same thing! I was surprised to see anything new in 40S&W from Ruger. Well from any manufacturer really. And I would have though 45ACP was the next logical choice, since the RAP was never produced in 40S&W and everything else has been in 9mm.

Thinking Ruger must have a slew of 40S&W magazines from their SR line. LOL

Lefty
    If I had to guess I'd say 90% or more of PCC owners are using Glock mags.

I owned NO Glock mags before I got my PCC. Glock mags are much less expensive than Ruger SR mags and you can get reliable 33 round Glock mags for $12 if you watch the sales.
    NRA Benefactor.

Boolit Master

Burnt Fingers,

I wouldn’t have to say yes they are, and especially in the 9mm version as you can get new PMags or Admend2 mags for about $10 when you catch them sale. But lots of cheap 40S&W mags from Glock are around.

I have a Kel Tec Sub2000 in 40 now, it’s paired with an older G23. I would like to get the Ruger PC in 40 and pair it with a G27, as the PC will take the shortest Glock mags and the Kel Tec will not. And I have a slew of the Sub Compact ones around here!

Lefty

Boolit Master
    40 was logical because the mags are the same size as 9mm so the whole rifle doesn't need to be redesigned like if you went to 10mm or 45acp.

I personally prefer 40 over 9 especially from a carbine barrel and with a can on it. I have AR uppers in both 40 & 9 they both get shot alot but I find everything with 40 more enjoyable. My fingers hate dealing with 9.

Call me when they make a 45 I might be interested in that.
    Doug
    .................................................. ........................................
    Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Taxidermists are cheaper than surgeons....keep shooting

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Some people measure success in Minutes of Angle

Boolit Master

The beauty of the magwell insert.
    Someone could make just about any mag compatible.
    Probably not enough profit to tool up though.

I use the glock insert in my ruger PCC.
    My g26 mags look good and work well in the PCC.
    WebMonkey
    Retired 19D
    Psalm 91:9
    Honda 919

Boolit Master

Thanks for posting!

Mine is on order!

LOVE your thinking reloaderfred!!!

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

I don't see why the .40 is losing ground since despite it's Short & Weak nickname it's more powerful than the 9mm Parabelly. .38 WCF ballistics in a Shield or similar size pistol seems like a good idea to me. I had a .40 Shield and liked it except the poi was low and I can't stand that in a pistol. I may try another .40 some day if it becomes out of fashion because I'm fond of underdogs

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

I filter out the drolling drivel.

Its just the limp wristed Sallys belly achin’ anyhow. THEY cant shoot it so no one else should have one.

Facts are facts the 40 aint weak, it has better ballistics than a 9. Shoots heavier, larger dia bullets faster. As ALL hand guns are “weak” compaired to a rifle. Ill choose to learn to be proficent with it. It is a substantial caliber offered in a small compact frame. Its a tool, when used tools wear out. If and when they do Ill replace them.

Something that always ammuses me. EVERY SINGLE 9mm guy, will feel the need to justify his caliber choice. They know all the cute lil phraises, short n weak, wears out guns. Snappy recoil... When has anyone EVER herd a 40 or 45 man justify there choice... There used to be a t-shirt, Why a 45? Answer; Because yhere aunt a 46.

Im super excited. I had written this one off as even Ruger dropped 40 from its handgun line! I would have bet this came out at shot show. When it didnt I assumed the 45 would be logical next caliber. I would have been pleased with that. Ill be VERY PLESANTLY suprised to see a 10mm. Its a blow back and a 10mm requires alot of weight and/or heavy springs. Folks wont like the added weight or hard to manupulate bolt.

If you like the 9 BUY & SHOOT IT!! Just dont tell me what I should or need to shoot!

To me, I just hit the lotto!! I called my dealer at home last night to order this!!!

CW
    Last edited by cwlongshot; 04-13-2019 at 04:48 AM.

Boolit Master
    That's a specialized high powered assault weapon specifically designed to kill people and banned here in NY!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by NyFirefighter357 View Post
    That's a specialized high powered assault weapon specifically designed to kill people and banned here in NY!
    No it's not banned in NY state.
    Get the models that have non-threaded barrels and 10 round mags and you are perfectly legal in cuomo's people's paradise.

Go to the website and see that there is at least 1 model in 9mm and 1 model in 40 that are OK in NY.

Boolit Master
    Right because without the threaded barrel and heat shield it's just a plain gun. That was kind of my point to begin with. I don't see any without the threaded barrel, you know how much more deadly barrel threads make a gun!

Quote Originally Posted by edp2k View Post
    No it's not banned in NY state.
    Get the models that have non-threaded barrels and 10 round mags and you are perfectly legal in cuomo's people's paradise.

Go to the website and see that there is at least 1 model in 9mm and 1 model in 40 that are OK in NY.
    Last edited by NyFirefighter357; 04-13-2019 at 07:09 AM.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by cwlongshot View Post
    I filter out the drolling drivel.

Its just the limp wristed Sallys belly achin’ anyhow. THEY cant shoot it so no one else should have one.

Facts are facts the 40 aint weak, it has better ballistics than a 9. Shoots heavier, larger dia bullets faster. As ALL hand guns are “weak” compaired to a rifle. Ill choose to learn to be proficent with it. It is a substantial caliber offered in a small compact frame. Its a tool, when used tools wear out. If and when they do Ill replace them.

Something that always ammuses me. EVERY SINGLE 9mm guy, will feel the need to justify his caliber choice. They know all the cute lil phraises, short n weak, wears out guns. Snappy recoil... When has anyone EVER herd a 40 or 45 man justify there choice... There used to be a t-shirt, Why a 45? Answer; Because yhere aunt a 46.

Im super excited. I had written this one off as even Ruger dropped 40 from its handgun line! I would have bet this came out at shot show. When it didnt I assumed the 45 would be logical next caliber. I would have been pleased with that. Ill be VERY PLESANTLY suprised to see a 10mm. Its a blow back and a 10mm requires alot of weight and/or heavy springs. Folks wont like the added weight or hard to manupulate bolt.

If you like the 9 BUY & SHOOT IT!! Just dont tell me what I should or need to shoot!

To me, I just hit the lotto!! I called my dealer at home last night to order this!!!

CW
    I actually prefer .45 ACP. But the .40 Short and Weak is just that. It's one of the few times in cartridge history where the full power round came first then the lower power round came second.

.38 SPL -> .357 Mag
    .44 SPL -> .44 Mag
    .22 short -> .22 LR
    10mm -> 10mm Mag
    .38 ACP -> .38 Super

vs

10mm -> .40 Short and Weak.

It's shorter and weaker than the round that proceeded it.

I'll have to look at my 9mm PCC and see if it would be possible to adapt it to a .45 ACP sized magazine. Looking at pictures it appears that it would be possible to have a .45 ACP mag and adaptor in the current magazine well.
    NRA Benefactor.

Banned

I see no mention of a 40 on that link. Just the 9mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefty Red View Post
    Posting this here because it’s a pistol caliber carbine!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Smale View Post
    I see no mention of a 40 on that link. Just the 9mm
    Here ya go Lloyd:

I put mine on order Friday Night and made the Deposit Yesterday. My dealers distributor has them catalogued, but the distributor doesn't have one yet.

CW

Banned

They got the hook in my mouth but haven't set it yet. So darned ugly and I have two ars in 9mm but do want a carbine in 40. had a highpoint and it was a good gun but even uglier. If I happen on to one around 500 bucks I might just let them set that hook.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Burnt Fingers View Post
    I actually prefer .45 ACP. But the .40 Short and Weak is just that. It's one of the few times in cartridge history where the full power round came first then the lower power round came second.

.38 SPL -> .357 Mag
    .44 SPL -> .44 Mag
    .22 short -> .22 LR
    10mm -> 10mm Mag
    .38 ACP -> .38 Super

vs

10mm -> .40 Short and Weak.

It's shorter and weaker than the round that proceeded it.

I'll have to look at my 9mm PCC and see if it would be possible to adapt it to a .45 ACP sized magazine. Looking at pictures it appears that it would be possible to have a .45 ACP mag and adaptor in the current magazine well.
    I fail to see the importance of WHEN something was introduced... I like the 45 Allot too, but the 40's ballistics are ... ARE what the 45 claims to be. That being a 180G @ 1000 fps. (After nearly 20years carrying a 40, I went back to the 45 When the Shield 45 came out.)

Short and Weak is silly put down showing posters level on knowledge...

Is a 32 H&R labeled shorter and weaker because there is now a 327 mag?

Was the 38 S&W labeled a short and weak because the 38 Outdoorsmen was introduced?

Also, to address your time line argument is the 41 Special anything LESS because the 41 Mag came before it?

The 40 was the direct result of the FBI calling for something...

Just as the 9MM is enjoying the spotlight because the FBI endorses it.

Here is a NEWS FLASH, before anyone jumps on the Powder improvements make the 9MM great... These Improvements, improve ALL CALIBERS. That argument is invalid.

Just choose your caliber for your own reasons, go shoot it and enjoy life.

CW
    Last edited by cwlongshot; 04-15-2019 at 07:37 AM.