Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingLee Precision
RepackboxRotoMetals2Inline FabricationLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters Supply Wideners

Thread: Happy to be here. My first post.

Boolit Mold

Thumbs up Happy to be here. My first post.

I have been checking this site for awhile, and finally decided it was time to come on board.
    Been reloading for about 30 years, but was starting to get bored by it all. Then, I decided to cast some bullets for a trapdoor springfield I've got. it took a lot of research, but I had a lot of fun. Now I've got a few pistol molds and have started casting for them.
    I'ts rekindled my enthusiasm and the joy I've been missing out on for awhile.
    I am looking forward to being a part of this community, but computers are hard for me. I am sure with practice, I'll soon be rolling along.

Boolit Master
    Welcome to CB.GL Forum!
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Howdy from Kentucky.

I see you're in the Bitterroot..... I've worked with some **** fine firefighters from that end of the world, in fact, have a few on my district right now from Libby and other places working with us on prescribed burning. Also have my old man holed up between Troy and the Yaak, depending on the season!

Neat end of the world, and welcome!!
    "Do not follow where the path might lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" Ralph Waldo Emerson

Boolit Grand Master

Welcome Aboard!

Welcome. Lots of help is offered on this forum.
    I'm a Happy Clinger.

Boolit Master

Welcome. Around here Red Neck is a good thing!

Welcome aboard!
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face!" - Mike Tyson

"Don't let my fears become yours." - Me, talking to my children

That look on your face, when you shift into 6th gear, but it's not there.

Boolit Buddy
    Welcome to the fun, RNR. I'm just over the hill from you, St Maries, Idaho. Presently finishing up a build just for cast bullets. A 1940 Oberndorf 98 with a new Green Mountain 35 Whelen barrel. Glass bedded the Fajen Stalker stock yesterday, and next will sand and finish.

Boolit Mold
    Hello from Helena!

Boolit Master
    hello from wales

Boolit Master

Welcome to the party.
    NRA Benefactor Member NRA Golden Eagle

Boolit Master

Welcome from the dry side!

Boolit Master

I'll add my welcome also. You will be glad you made the plunge into the vast and sometimes frustrating world of casting/loading/shooting cast boolits. This is the best site I know of on the big inter-web. You said you were getting bored with some of your reloading abilities. I will tell you that you won't be bored as you delve into casting and all that goes along with it. Some of the most knowledgeable folks are on here and can and will answer your questions. Add to your knowledge by reading and studying the "stickys" located at the start of most of the different divisions. You have started on a fun journey.
    A number of years ago the wife and I pulled our 5th wheel RV out your way and spent some time in the Bitterroot Valley area along with a visit to Glacier National Park. That has to be some of the most beautiful country on the face of the earth.
    Mark 5:34 And He said to her (Jesus speaking), "Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace and be healed of your affliction."

Boolit Grand Master
    First welcome!!!!

If you got bored with reloading, casting may be even worse. At least it is for me. But I am primarily a shooter. I use cast bullets because I use a lot and they are cheap. But only in pistol calibers.

Ask yourself, "Why do I want to do this?" When asking for advice. evaluate who it is coming from and what their standards and objectives are. For example, my definition of accurate is 5 shot group averages of 1 MOA at 100 yards with a scoped rifle. Which is why I do not cast rifle bullets.

Even if you are primarily a rifle shooter, start by casting .38 or .45 pistol bullets. They are more forgiving and will afford early success. Stay away from 9mm and .40 S&W. I have seen a lot of newbies start with .223 to get cheap bullets for their AR's. Most have problems...fast small bullets are the PHD level of bullet casting. All high pressure and high velocity bullet applications are challenging....so go low and slow to start.

I suggest reading stuff posted by Bama, Waco, Gibson, Goodsteel, and popper off the top of my head for rifle applications. There are others too...just cannot come up with names right now. Some good ones have also been banned but stuff is still searchable. And lots of good stuff in the stickies.
    Don Verna

Boolit Master

Welcome from Tucson!
    Echo
    USAF Ret
    DPS, 2600
    NRA Benefactor
    O&U
    One of the most endearing sights in the world is the vision of a naked good-looking woman leaving the bedroom to make breakfast. Bolivar Shagnasty (I believe that Lazarus Long also said it, but I can't find any record of it.)

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    Welcome from Michigan by way of Arizona! Great folks here and lots of good info.

Moderator Emeritus

We got ya hooked and now the slow reeling in! Welcome and enjoy the ride!
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Boolit Grand Master

Welcome. There is more knowledge on this board freely shared than any other board on the Web. No need to reinvent the wheel, unless you want to see what happens of course, just ask and someone here has already tried it and will help you along with real world experience. There are a few on here with very specific knowledge that are invaluable. Larry Gibson, Nobade, Goodsteel come to mind but there are many others.

"hey, anyone here have a 43 Spanish Argentine Rolling Block and try duplexing surplus 20mm Vulcan powder from Jeff Bartlett? Yeah, that got an answer.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Buddy
    Welcome from Issaquah Woooooorshington.

And welcome to the wonderful world of casting. Its a very rewarding hobby indeed.