Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataInline FabricationLee Precision
Wideners

Thread: Anyone shooting Browning BPR or Agula Super Extra .22LR Ammo?

Anyone shooting Browning BPR or Agula Super Extra .22LR Ammo?

I've been a CCI mini mag shooter forever but I've seen the Aguila Super Extra and the Browning BPR ammo at really good prices at the shows lately. The Aguila is 1255FPS which is pretty close to the CCI and it's $180/5000. The Browning is 1435 FPS and was $70/1000 at the last show. I'm shooting older .22 rifles, Mossberg 151M, Remington 512 and some old H&R revolvers along with my Walther P22. I can't shoot anything other than CCI mini mags out of the Walther so far or it jams. Has anyone shot the Agulila or Browning? If so what's your opinion on them?

Boolit Master

I have shot a lot of the Aguils SE in Std. Velocity. It is good quality ammo. It shoots close to CCI Std. Velocity as far as accuracy. The Aguila is a little softer than CCI in SV. I would not hesitate to try it.
    A club member tested the ammo you are speaking of and was impressed with its accuracy.

A few months ago my brother bought Browning at Cabelas. We were plinking around with about 5 handguns and
    had unusual amount of duds. Some fired on second strike. It shot fine when it went off. Had duds in Ruger Mk-1
    two K22s, Ruger Single-6 and Brn Challenger. The Ruger S-6 had least duds. It was at 1 out of 10 rate. Wouldn't buy anymore.

Thank you for that info.

Quote Originally Posted by Drm50 View Post
    A few months ago my brother bought Browning at Cabelas. We were plinking around with about 5 handguns and
    had unusual amount of duds. Some fired on second strike. It shot fine when it went off. Had duds in Ruger Mk-1
    two K22s, Ruger Single-6 and Brn Challenger. The Ruger S-6 had least duds. It was at 1 out of 10 rate. Wouldn't buy anymore.

I was hoping this would have some good feedback. Hard to beat price..

Quote Originally Posted by wv109323 View Post
    I have shot a lot of the Aguils SE in Std. Velocity. It is good quality ammo. It shoots close to CCI Std. Velocity as far as accuracy. The Aguila is a little softer than CCI in SV. I would not hesitate to try it.
    A club member tested the ammo you are speaking of and was impressed with its accuracy.

Boolit Master
    Browning doesn't make any ammo. It's Winchester rimfire ammo labeled as Browning. The Aguila SE is probably one of the best ammo for accuracy if you're looking for ammo that's not std velocity. Of the two brands you mentioned, Aguaila is by far the better of the two for accuracy (out of most guns, each gun has a distinct preference for "best"). Being inclined to buy rimfire ammo for accuracy, not speed, neither one makes my top five best lists. Standard velocity always shoots better if you use quality standard velocity ammo.

What do you like for the standard velocity for accuracy. We shoot at targets and golf balls out to 50 yards. That's about the best my eyes can see. Thank you for the good info.

Quote Originally Posted by NSB View Post
    Browning doesn't make any ammo. It's Winchester rimfire ammo labeled as Browning. The Aguila SE is probably one of the best ammo for accuracy if you're looking for ammo that's not std velocity. Of the two brands you mentioned, Aguaila is by far the better of the two for accuracy (out of most guns, each gun has a distinct preference for "best"). Being inclined to buy rimfire ammo for accuracy, not speed, neither one makes my top five best lists. Standard velocity always shoots better if you use quality standard velocity ammo.

Boolit Master

The Agila SE std velocity is good consistent ammo at a bargain price. It will stay under an inch for 10 shots @50yds out of my Henry 16" carbine. If you have a decent rifle, any golf balls you miss will not be ammo related.
    "Masculine republics give way to feminine democracies, and feminine democracies give way to tyrannies.” Aristotle

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by fecmech View Post
    The Agila SE std velocity is good consistent ammo at a bargain price. It will stay under an inch for 10 shots @50yds out of my Henry 16" carbine. If you have a decent rifle, any golf balls you miss will not be ammo related.
    Yes, this Aguila is std. vel and very accurate....and reasonably priced. GECO Rifle std vel is also pretty good and very reasonably priced (about two hundred bucks delivered per case of 5,000). My favorite std vel is NormaTac when you can get it on sale. It does under .5" five shots at 50yds or less out of my CZ455, and then there's CCI std vel. that's readily available about anywhere. It shoots about 90-95% as accurate as any of the Eley I have at about half the price of the cheapest Eley. For local matches where it's just for fun, you won't go wrong with the Aguila std vel as a great place to start.
    https://www.targetsportsusa.com/22-l...02.aspx#Ma132|
    Last edited by NSB; 02-11-2019 at 12:31 PM.

I'm going to grab some and give it a go. I really appreciate the info. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by NSB View Post
    Yes, this Aguila is std. vel and very accurate....and reasonably priced. GECO Rifle std vel is also pretty good and very reasonably priced (about two hundred bucks delivered per case of 5,000). My favorite std vel is NormaTac when you can get it on sale. It does under .5" five shots at 50yds or less out of my CZ455, and then there's CCI std vel. that's readily available about anywhere. It shoots about 90-95% as accurate as any of the Eley I have at about half the price of the cheapest Eley. For local matches where it's just for fun, you won't go wrong with the Aguila std vel as a great place to start.
    https://www.targetsportsusa.com/22-l...02.aspx#Ma132|

The Browning .22 ammo is the worst .22 ammo I've used. Ever. It will choke a Nylon 66 for goodness sake. Aguila ammo is good stuff. My standard for standard velocity is CCI.
    I had Russian steel case .22s in the 1980's that was better than the Browning!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk