MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyRepackboxInline Fabrication
WidenersTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Load Data
Reloading Everything Lee Precision

Thread: Echo shell holder adapter?

Echo shell holder adapter?

Does anyone make an adapter so I can use modern shell holders on a press that needs screw on Echo style holders?

Boolit Master
    Dodge Co. GA. Between the Ocmulgee and Little Ocmulgee rivers.
    You should be able to swap the ram out for one of the replacements from CH4D. It takes regular shellholders.

Sent from my VS880 using Tapatalk

US Govt mantra: If it's moving tax it. If it's still moving regulate it. If it stops moving subsidize it

Banned
    Easiest to upgrade the ram. However the Herter's thread on shellholders will also fit the ECHO ram.
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Pressman View Post
    Easiest to upgrade the ram. However the Herter's thread on shellholders will also fit the ECHO ram.
    Ken
    Hi Pressman. This is for the Powrgear press. I had it apart, if I remember correctly the ram was unique and not a candidate for replacement. Maybe I need to look again. I've been playing around with it for 38 Special and the included holder is a little sloppy for my tastes. Maybe I should just look for a Herters one.

Let me know if you still want me to look for numbers on it, I've noticed some here and there.

Banned
    I have a full set of shellholders for the Powrgear. Everyone is different, some even kind of crude. Most look like they were made from a hex nut.

The Herter's / Bystrom shellholders are fairly common and would be your best option.

Quote Originally Posted by Pressman View Post
    I have a full set of shellholders for the Powrgear. Everyone is different, some even kind of crude. Most look like they were made from a hex nut.

The Herter's / Bystrom shellholders are fairly common and would be your best option.
    Mine is pretty crude, looks like it was made from a hex nut and I'm kind of afraid of it breaking.

After looking around a little, all the Herters ones I've seen have either a post or they have male threads. Is there another kind? The Echo ones and the one I'd like to replace would have female threads.

Banned
    Herter's have male and female threads. They thread onto the ram, plus they were threaded into the die station and a primer punch threaded into the ram. The first ram prime system.
    Ken

Got it. As always, I appreciate the help very much.