Reloading EverythingLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Titan ReloadingRepackboxSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
Inline Fabrication Wideners

Thread: Lee case trimmer guide

Boolit Master

Lee case trimmer guide

I started a project to convert 9X19mm brass to 9X18. I'm transitioning to the nickle steel/aluminum cases. I Received my 9X18 makarov engraved case holder and trim guide. I took it on faith that the guide was the correct length, till I noticed several cases having minimal material removed. (After trimming 500+ cases.) Got out the digital micrometer and measured .740" case length. Load Manuel's say .708". Grrr. Lots of time and effort. Looked up starliner brass and decided that was the way to go. The 9X19 is now going to be made into .401 I words.
    QUIS CUSTODIET IPSOS CUSTODES?

Boolit Master
    I have used them for years and had no problems. You did deprime the cases first? Your case length seems to be about the thickness of a primer.

Boolit Master
    I do not use the Lee trim much but have used it on 223 cases just a bit. What mine did was to shorten those cases to a couple of thou shy of 1.760” which is the max case length.

While I prefer to trim to the minimum which is considered to be 10 thou less than the maximum for a measurement of 1.750” I would have to grind off 7 or 8 thou to get the Lee gauge inline with my program.

Three44s

Boolit Master
    I’ve worn through a couple ( I’ve converted over 10,000 9 x19 to 9x18). As a matter of fact I’ve got abou 1000 new and once fired brass that I’ve never loaded. 8x18 is just to easy to make. Starline is way to expensive for me. I can buy surplus amo almost as cheap as Starline brass. I do put a little red nail Polish on the head stamp. It’s easer to find at the range and anyone else who picks the up knows that they are not just normal 9x19. Most have been made with a Lee trim guide. I’ve found that the wings/cutters that do the inside and outside chamfers don’t last very long . But that’s me being a little to tough on them.
    Long, Wide, Deep, and Without Hesitation!

Boolit Master
    Sounds like a job for the LEE "Zip trim". Pull the string and trim your case.

Boolit Master
    The zip trim uses the same guide. Yes the cases are deprimed. Yes Lee is sending a new guide. Decided to make .40 j words out of these.
    QUIS CUSTODIET IPSOS CUSTODES?

Boolit Grand Master

I've have modified a few of the trimmers. I made one for a 357 Herrett from a 35 Remington case gauge once. I just wish that the cutter lasted longer.