Lee PrecisionWidenersRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
Snyders JerkyRepackboxLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thompson Center Customer service .....

Boolit Bub
    Larry Gibson and others,
    S&W bought T/C about a year and a half ago. They have indeed laid off the people as pointed out in a previous post. However, I've heard their plant in Springfield hasn't been effected. Customer Service is very short on personnal and haven't a prayer of answering all phone calls, S&W will not hire or replace any people that we need to run the factory. The picture at T/C is pretty bleak as of now. It took S&W 1 1/2 years to bring a profitable company to it's knees with no encouraging news in sight. If anyone would like, the S&W web site has thier stock prices posted under investers. Their stocks were selling for $22 and change, to a low of $1.53.
    My apologies to all customers who have run amuck with Customer Service. The girls who answer the phones are very busy with hunting season and are truely doing the best they can.
    Ed
    NRA life

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Singletree View Post
    Larry Gibson and others,
    My apologies to all customers who have run amuck with Customer Service.Ed
    Should read: My apologies to all customers who have been run over by Customer Service

The girls who answer the phones are very busy with hunting season and are truely doing the best they can.
    Ed
    By returning defective products to the customer and saying "tough"?

The only assumption is if they are THAT busy they must be building ALOT of junk.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety".
    Benjamin Franklin

Where an excess of power prevails, property of no sort is duly respected. No man is safe in his opinions, his person, his faculties, or his possessions.
    James Madison

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by largom View Post
    Mike Bellm of Bellm TCs should have anything you need for Thompson Center Contender and Encores. Just put Bellm TCs in your search engine.
    Larry Miller

The only problem with Bellm's is they are extra power springs. I bought one for my Encore but don't use it. It was about like a garage door spring. His trigger springs are good stuff if you find the right one.

Boolit Grand Master

Singletree

I guess it's a harbringer of things to come. I guess since we're all going through "the change" things are going to get better or so we're told. I guess its's "Bush's fault" like everything else. No doubt it was his fault that the spring broke in the first place. My sympathies to those who've been laid off.

Larry Gibson

Boolit Master
    scb,

Did you anneal the cases before fireforming? Your cases look like they failed because they didn't form to the chamber.

Jon
    Col 2:13-17

Boolit Bub
    SCB,
    customer service doesn't work on guns, they answer phones. Your post is irrelevent.

Jon K,
    In this particular caliber, one companies ammunition is brittle, T/C no longer uses that brand because without fail they split when fired. A competitors ammunition works just fine and the problem goes away. Your post was spot on as to the reason for the splits.

Larry Gibson,
    Thanks for your comments. Have you read 1st. Freedom from the NRA? Very interesting article on the not so wonderful things to come from the pres. elect. Have a good day.
    Ed
    NRA life

Boolit Grand Master

Singletree

I got another call from Thompson Center this morning (a different department than customer service). They were checking to make sure I had been taken care of. It appears they are trying. Perhaps scb should recontact them about the barrel and send or email the picture he posted. Yes I've read the 1st Freedom info put out by the NRA. I am amazed at the number of gun owners and hunters I've met since the election that voted for Obama and bought off on "the change". Imet two yesterday while pheasant hunting. I asked them what was needed to be "changed". One said he didn't know but things just needed 'changing". The other said we didn't need "4 more years of Bush" and what he's done to the country. These were both teachers BTW. I just shook my head and went hunting, wasn't much esle to say to those two. Somehow the NRA has got to stop preaching to the choir (NRA members) and get the message out to the mass of gun owners and hunters. Not sure how they can do that with the prejudice of the mass media. One thing would be articles in gun and hunting magazines (other than in the AR and AH) about what's going on. Adds to join the NRA aren't enough in those venue's. Just my opinions on this, I am a Life Member BTW.

Larry Gibson

Boolit Bub
    Larry Gibson
    Very glad T/C is showing interest in getting things straight with you.

SCB's problem is so typical of the 17 mark II cartridge that I hesitate to add fuel to the fire. The barrels I have delt with showing the same problem as his has been solved by a change in ammunition. His circumstance is not cast in stone as I haven't the barrel in front of me. Communication is always good, if he would like, the head person of repair is available thru T/C switchboard.

I agree that a much better way to inform the public needs to be found. People don't want to take the time to stay up to speed on the issues. Liberal media hold all the cards. I would like to continue but I would violate the politics rule of this forum. So, Sir, thanks for also posting the positive things T/C has accomplished. The best of the day to all.
    Ed
    Last edited by Singletree; 11-28-2008 at 05:59 AM.
    NRA life

Boolit Buddy
    Singletree,

I have a NEF Sportster model in Mach II. It is an absolute tack driver and has killed many a beaver and muskrat in my pond. I have shot 1000's of rounds through it with everybodys ammo (Whatevers the cheapest at the time I buy it.)and it has only split one case that I know of. I would think that SCB's bbl has a problem.

If NEF can handle all brands of ammo TC should also, I would think. Maybe I was just lucky with this gun.

I own TC products and have never had a problem with them. I have always been satisfied with them. But I guess its a good thing.

If I buy something and spend my hard earned money for it. And it breaks (Things Happen) and the company gave a warranty with that product when I bought it. Then I couldn't get that warranty work done. Or done right. I would fix the item and sell it. Never buy their product again, and bad mouth the company to any one who would listen.

But for me and many others we think, we paid for the warranty and we want it when we need it. Thats part of the reason we buy a certain product. Then when its the Companies turn to hold up their end of the bargain and they back out, or give us the run around. We as consumers have only one choice. Don't give that company your business....

I understand where SCB is coming from and don't blame him for being angry. I'm sure when he bought the bbl he didn't purhase it with the idea that 80% of the cases would split. And when repaired 90% of cases split.

Just my rant for the day.

Jerry

Boolit Grand Master

I too have had a very difficult time with T/C customer service. I have left messages and had to wait up to a week for a response. Quality of the products has dimished also from my recent experience. I have a ProHunter 7mm Rem Mag. barrel with .005" clearance between the frame and the cases also drop below the rim of the barrel .004". The cases were spitting ahead of the belt so I fireformed a new batch with 20 grains of Unique and about 38 grains of Cream of Wheat with a wax plug in the end. I have loaded them with appropriate charges and bullets but have not fired them yet.

Boolit Grand Master

Got another call from Thompson Center today to make sure I was taken care of. Haven't got the spring yet but it is spposed to be "in the mail". Looks like they are bending over backwards now to assist me. The last message I left while 'civil" was not very complimentery. Apparently they are having their problems like many businesses these days. I'll exercise some constraint in crticism at this time because out savior, Obama is going to make all well again. Just ask any one who voted for him or now even those who didn't vote for him, they will tell you he is the next FDR. (BTW; FDR didn't get this country out of the Depression, Hitler and Tojo did).

Larry Gibson

Boolit Master
    Well Mr. singletree SIR, in that YOU are THE expert regarding this barrel I have sitting here next to me, perhaps you would be so kind as to enlighten me as to what ammunition I should be firing this fine example of Thompson/Center craftsmanship. You see it splits Hornady, CCI, and Remington equally well. As far as I can tell (although I am probably wrong) I can’t find where Winchester or Federal loads it. I understand Eley makes it but have been unable to find it. Perhaps I should be shooting that under-powered stuff made by Aguila, I know it’s not 17m2 ammo but they say it will chamber and fire. You see SIR changing ammo was the FIRST thing I did.
    Now seeing as you have unilaterally set yourself up as the arbiter of what is and is not relevant I’m sure you will declare the above to be irrelevant as well. Which I guess is in a way correct. Having not heard anything from Thompson Center, as I knew I wouldn’t, I have decided to throw a couple of hundred dollars more at this “work of art” and buy a set of dies for, and have it re-chambered to 17 Ackley Hornet. I figure it’s better than throwing it away. See I could NOT in good conscience sell this to someone else as it is. Stupid on my part – right, at least from Thompson Centers point of view.
    SCB,
    customer service doesn't work on guns, they answer phones. Your post is irrelevent.
    Ed
    Now, in that my views have been declared irrelevant I guess it’s time for me to join floodgate and say good by and good luck. scb
    Last edited by scb; 11-28-2008 at 10:58 AM.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety".
    Benjamin Franklin

Where an excess of power prevails, property of no sort is duly respected. No man is safe in his opinions, his person, his faculties, or his possessions.
    James Madison

Cast Boolits Founder/B.O.B.

Hold on Steve,, I am still working on it. Don't give up on me or the board.
    Boolits= as God laid it into the soil,,grand old Galena,the Silver Stream graciously hand poured into molds for our consumption.

Bullets= Machine made utilizing Full Length Gas Checks as to provide projectiles for the masses.

http://www.cafepress.com/castboolits

castboolits@gmail.com

Boolit Master
    Hi Ken. I looked in to pick up some PM's. First and foremost I'd like to thank you for going above and beyond - on my behalf with this. Please don't bother yourself with it further. The barrel is boxed up and will be going out to get re-chambered today. Thank you for the work you've done for the site while I was here. Steve
    Benjamin Franklin

James Madison

Boolit Grand Master

Ken and all

The hammer spring from TC arrived today. I guess it was a little slow but given the circumstances of the economy and the layoffs back there It's understandable. It has been a good company and I've had several TC rifles along with the Contender over the years. I do hope they survive the economic situation. Hard to sy where it will end as now evryone wants a handout from the feds, even the governers of quite a few states. I don't know but I would like to thank Ken and the folks at TC.

Larry Gibson