WidenersInline FabricationRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
Lee PrecisionLoad DataSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Repackbox

Thread: 44 spcl loads using BE86

44 spcl loads using BE86

Any body using BE85 for midlevel 44spcl. loads? I've been searching the forums here but haven't found any. An e-mail to Alliant wasn't answered. It is close to power pistol , a little slower than Unique. looking for a good woods load for my 3 " GP100 using a 250-260gr. SWC. BE86 in my 45ACP gets factory ballistics with less than max. loads.
    The 3 people a man must be able to trust completely are his gunsmith his doctor & his preacher ..,his gunsmith for his short term health ,his doctor for long term health ,and his preacher incase one of the others mess up.

Boolit Grand Master
    Try 6.5 Grains of BE-86 with a 240 grain boolit, or 6.2 grains with a 429-421.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Boolit Buddy
    I've tried 7gr. 7.5gr. and 8gr.'s. Not bad but no where close to the 7.2-7.5gr. of unique that I just can't beat for accuracy out of two different 44 specials. And, I have tried at least six or seven different powders. BE 86 is my go to powder for 357 mag and 40 S&W but "I" have not gotten good results in the 44's. YMMV
    Kirk

Thanks for the info. I'm looking for something between Unique and 2400. Power pistol looks good and BE86 is supposed to be the same powder with a flash inhibiter added 2400 works good in the mags 357,41,&44 but it has to be heaver than I want in the 44 Spcl. to get a clean burn.
    The 3 people a man must be able to trust completely are his gunsmith his doctor & his preacher ..,his gunsmith for his short term health ,his doctor for long term health ,and his preacher incase one of the others mess up.

Boolit Master
    I too like 7.0 gr. Unique under a 250 K boolit. Gives good accuracy and 900 fps. out of my 5.5" RBH. May try some AA #7 at some point because it meters much better.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180305_080815.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	93.7 KB 
ID:	215777

I was just out yesterday shooting those loads and it is revolver bliss. Great accuracy and just enough recoil to make it satisfying.
    Last edited by Cosmic_Charlie; 03-09-2018 at 12:28 PM.