RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingSnyders Jerky
Load DataInline FabricationWidenersRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ,45 acp load with Bulseye

Banned

sweet spot for me is 3.5 to 4.2 for accuracy. You probably are going to have to run a 14 or 15 lb spring in the gun though.

over the hill, out in the woods and far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Smale View Post
    sweet spot for me is 3.5 to 4.2 for accuracy. You probably are going to have to run a 14 or 15 lb spring in the gun though.
    ... defined by Master Chief as an "old and tired" GI 16-lb. spring, which has taken a "set" and no longer really is...
    The ENEMY is listening.
    HE wants to know what YOU know.
    Keep it to yourself.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Smale View Post
    I'm with you Lloyd, my spot is 4.0. I don't see needing more than what you and I mentioned for target shooting. Now if you want the upper velocity loads for whatever, that's fine.

Boolit Mold
    Update. Got to finally shoot some of the new loads which is 4.8 grains bulseye and 180 grain lead swc an d the gun ran (Glock 21). It has a stock recoil spring velocity was average 775 to 800 fps.
    Thanks for the help,
    Bruce

Boolit Buddy
    You guys were scarring me! I've just loaded about 2500 pc'd Seaco 456's (225 gr.) with 4.8 grains and then I saw this post. I thought perhaps I'd waaaay overdone it. A quick check of the Alliant site shows my load is not bad at all. It feels just fine in my G21 and 1911's. Happy loading,
    Rudy

Boolit Buddy
    Many of the tried & true Bullseye target loads you won't find in any reloading manual . Most of these will function in a stock open sighted 1911 with a 16lb recoil spring & 23lb mainspring . I'll give you a few All these are with a 200gr H&G 68 SWC , for a 180-185 I'd bump the lower end by .1 to . 2 grs . 3.8 - 4.2grs Bullseye , 3.6 - 4.0 VVN-310 , 4.6 - 5.0 W231 , 4.0 - 4.4 WST , 4.0 - 4.3 HTG or 700X , 3.7 - 4.0 Clays , 4.0 - 4.2 S1000 , AA#2 , or N100 . If shooting at 25yds or less 3.5grs of Bullseye will work in a match gun , but probably not one with stock springs . When shooting @ 50yds stay with loads above in the heaviest of the range ie 4.2 Bullseye . Hope this helps .