Inline FabricationLee PrecisionWidenersTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxLoad DataRotoMetals2
Reloading Everything

Thread: .32 acp loads for 110 g cast bullet

Boolit Mold

.32 acp loads for 110 g cast bullet

New to posting here. I am looking for a good load for a cast 110 g bullet for my .32 acp. I have a Tanfoglio GT32. It is European and designed for the stout loads offered there. (not our aenemic, lawyer safe types.) Do you have recommended loads? Mark

over the hill, out in the woods and far away
    110-grain bullet will be longer OAL and when seated to cartridge length which feeds from the magazine, the increased seating depth will impinge against the internal taper of the case wall and bulge the case body so that rounds won't chamber. Also reduces powder capaciity. Get a proper bullet designed for the .32 ACP such as one of these:

Attachment 207696Attachment 207697Attachment 207698Attachment 207699
    The ENEMY is listening.
    HE wants to know what YOU know.
    Keep it to yourself.

Boolit Mold
    Excellent! Now about that load?

Boolit Master
    Hello, try to heed some of the advise given here, it's good and there will be more forthcoming I'm sure.

Your pistol could be a strong firearm but the load you're asking about is 60% over standard bullet weight for the cartridge. This alone raises a lot of red flags. If it were done commercially it may work, but most 32 acp's are blow back designed arms meant for the pressures the arm was built for.

If you were to put some loads together, possibly going with something that barely cycles, that might be ok, but it would depend on many variables too much to list here. A hot load in both projectile weight and powder charge can do more than ruin your day.

Boolit Mold
    appreciate all the advice. I am still looking for a load. please send load data. Please.

I don't have .32 ACP data for a 110-grain bullet.

These loads are for 95-grain bullet Accurate 31-095T at 0.955" OAL from Beretta 1935 with 3.4" barrel:

Acc. 31-095T LD#00 2.5 AutoComp____840, 6 Sd
    Acc. 31-095T LD#6 5.2 #2400________874, 13 Sd

If you insist on trying a 110-grain bullet, which I DO NOT recommend, then you are on your own nickel.
    The ENEMY is listening.
    Keep it to yourself.

Boolit Mold
    Thank you very kindly. This is what I need!!

Boolit Mold
    PS I am not wedded to the 110 g bullet. I just need a good brisk load for my .32. I really do appreciate the info you provide. But I favor snark seasoned with helpful information about what I can use.

Quote Originally Posted by YR! View Post
    PS I am not wedded to the 110 g bullet. I just need a good brisk load for my .32. I really do appreciate the info you provide. But I favor snark seasoned with helpful information about what I can use.
    My experience with Alliant #2400 in the .32 ACP is that you cannot get enough into the case to "get into trouble" because as bullet weight increases, so does seating depth, which reduces powder capacity, so at a cartridge OAL which will fit into the magazine, it tends to be self-limiting.

6 grains of #2400 is a compressed, full-charge load with Accurate 31-077B, 5.6 grains is compressed, full-charge with 31-087T, 5.2 grains with 31-095T. You get the idea.

With a roundnose 110-grain at max. OAL which fits in the magazine, you might get 4.8-5.0 grains of #2400 but velocity will not be very impressive probably around 700 fps. I would be VERY cautious in experimenting with denser, high-energy powders even if you run pressure estimates in QL, you can get some very exciting observations in over-loading blow-back operated guns...

Like I said, YOUR nickle! Hope your Tanfoglio has a STEEL frame.
    The ENEMY is listening.
    Keep it to yourself.