MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxLoad DataLee Precision
WidenersInline FabricationSnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2

Thread: Fix for Lee Auto Drum leak - Powder Stand

Fix for Lee Auto Drum leak - Powder Stand

It's not really a fix for the auto drum but i think its a better option for loading rounds with fine powder (i.e. H110) I got tired of all powder leaking while loading 44 mag and looked for other options. Replaced the drums with several others, polished one drum down to better fit, replaced the wipes inside, no luck.

I was at work (slow day) watching videos and came across one where he had a stand for a standard powder measure of his Lee classic turret. Use my Redding powder measure for H110 on a turret??? no more leaks?? yes please

I started telling him that he should sell them as I can't be the only one that wants an option like this. So in the past weeks here he has started to sell them on his own. Thought this might help some guys here, mine is shown below. I just got it last night, I have not had a change to load with it yet but can't image any problems. It fits onto the top of the press and works with Dan's quick release plates with a bit longer machine screws ($2 at the hardware store).

FWIW - I'm not associated with him in any way, no money back to me or anything, just a fan of his videos and wanted to share.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zaLqyXWEUc&t=190s

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Powder Measure Stands.jpg 
Views:	244 
Size:	33.4 KB 
ID:	206165

I just use a Lyman universal M die which the powder measure screws to.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	t-7.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	55.9 KB 
ID:	206167

that works too, but do they work for loading 308 or rifle without expanding?"
    Last edited by Dutchninja; 10-19-2017 at 10:56 AM.

I just screw my RCBS Uniflow into the turret of my Lyman T Mag II (6 holes). I still manually drop powder with the handle because I am too tight for the case activation kit.
    That stand is a good idea for the Lee turret presses because they are only 4 holes and not much room for a stand alone measure. Kinda spendy,but I'm sure it will be worth it to someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchninja View Post
    that works too, but do they work for loading 308 or rifle without expanding?"
    They come with a non expanding insert along with expanding inserts.
    My concern would be the added weight if using the auto indexing with the Lee. I think the stand is a better idea with the Lee.

that iss really what is for is just the lee classic turret

Boolit Master
    I have adapters that allow me to use both the Lee PPM and my Lyman 55 with the Lee powder through dies in my Lee Turret Press. They work great, sorry I can't remember who makes them, it's been a while since I got them.