Reloading EverythingRepackboxTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee PrecisionLoad DataRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Wideners
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Marines...

Banned
    TexasGrunt,

As much as this "overage in grade" Mike Papa enjoys teasing Uncle Sam's Misguided Children for some of the downright peculiar things that they do, the Marines got us out of more than one "sticky place" when we were "way down South".
    No matter how ugly things had gotten, we MPs never doubted that the Marines would rush to bail us out.

yours, tex
    USAMPC, Retired
    Last edited by texasnative46; 07-02-2017 at 09:52 AM.

Boolit Master
    Brother was a Sniper/Scout in the early 80's.
    Leadmelter
    MI

Boolit Bub

Cool Marine

"Mom was one of the first 65 to start the Women's Marine Corps Reserves in WWII" My mother was also among the first Women Marine Corps personal . Yes, my brother and i had bed sheets she would bounce a quarter on ! No thing as an ex Marine. To this day,I miss my 'SGT. MOM"

Semper Fi Devil Dogs!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Light attack View Post
    Semper Fi Devil Dogs!
    Hey! Nice avatar!
    USMC 6638

Banned
    Thought I had checked all my emails.. my bad.
    I have recieved a multitude of e-mails since the early 90's. I usually only save the ones I have vetted. This one slipped through the cracks. I usually like to correct my mistakes so after a little research..
    Military service Lee Marvin
    World War II
    Marvin left school at 18 to enlist in the United States Marine Corps Reserve on August 12, 1942. He served with the 4th Marine Division in the Pacific Theater during World War II.[6] While serving as a member of "I" Company, 3rd Battalion, 24th Marines, 4th Marine Division, he was wounded in action on June 18, 1944, during the assault on Mount Tapochau in the Battle of Saipan, during which most of his company were casualties.[7] He was shot by machine gun fire, which severed his sciatic nerve,[8] and then was hit again in the foot by a sniper.[9] After over a year of medical treatment in naval hospitals, Marvin was given a medical discharge with the rank of private first class (he had been a corporal years earlier but had been demoted after causing trouble)[9] in 1945 at Philadelphia.[10]
    Contrary to rumors, Marvin did not serve on Iwo Jima, receive a Navy Cross, or serve with actor, producer, and former Marine Bob Keeshan (later best known as Captain Kangaroo) during World War II.[10]
    Marvin's military awards include: the Purple Heart Medal, the Presidential Unit Citation, the American Campaign Medal, the Asiatic-Pacific Campaign Medal, and the World War II Victory Medal, Combat Action Ribbon.

Bob Keeshan, later famous as television’s “Captain Kangaroo,” also enlisted in the U.S. Marines, but he did so too late to see any action during World War II. Keeshan was born on 27 June 1927 and enlisted two weeks before his 18th birthday, several months after the fighting at Iwo Jima. In a 1997 interview, Keeshan explained that he “enlisted in the U.S. Marines but saw no combat” because he signed up “just before we dropped the atom bomb.”Keeshan himself never saw combat, having enlisted too late to serve overseas.[20]
    Mr. Rogers a Navy SEAL?
    Mr. Rogers was NOT a Navy SEAL, or a Scout Marine Sniper. This is a great Urban Legend of the 21st century, but it is no more than a legend.
    Last edited by Grmps; 07-08-2017 at 04:41 PM.

Boolit Master

You really shouldn't repost chain emails. Most of them are false. Just like this one.

1. Bob Keeshan was never at Bloody Iwo, and never was awarded the Navy Cross.

2. Mr. Rogers never served in the military.
    Semper Fi!

Currently casting for .223, .308, .30-06, .30-40 Krag, 9mm, .38/.357, 10mm, 44 Mag and 45 ACP.

I like strange looking boolits!

NRA Patriot Life Endowment member.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by TexasGrunt View Post
    You really shouldn't repost chain emails. Most of them are false. Just like this one.

1. Bob Keeshan was never at Bloody Iwo, and never was awarded the Navy Cross.

2. Mr. Rogers never served in the military.
    Sage advice, and the truth.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke4320 View Post
    Wow just wow .. I did not have a clue ... eyes opened for sure
    You didn't have a clue because NONE of it is true.

Lee Marvin was not a Iwo, he wasn't awarded the Navy Cross, Capt. Kangaroo wasn't at Iwo and wasn't awarded the Navy Cross, Mr. Rogers never served in the Military.
    Semper Fi!

Currently casting for .223, .308, .30-06, .30-40 Krag, 9mm, .38/.357, 10mm, 44 Mag and 45 ACP.

I like strange looking boolits!

NRA Patriot Life Endowment member.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123