Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
Lee PrecisionRepackboxLoad DataWideners
Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rabbit hunting

Boolit Bub
    Here in NYS the rabbits are scarce due to the foxe's & coyote's taking their toll on them just like the once abundant woodchucks were here in NYS over the years thats why we try to shoot all the coyotes as much as we can, and foxes too, they put a hurt on the turkey's too

Wow!! I thought we were the only place with snow on the ground.

Now you need to tan the fur and make a hat
    Thanks
    Ivan

Number #513

Yeah I figured it out. It would not be ALASKA……... unless it was the absolutely the toughest it could be and worst possible case scenario!

Boolit Master
    Anybody wants to hunt rabbits (snowshoe hare) c'mon up. We are at the top of a cycle.
    Last year our best day out was I believe 48. Best ask Jr. to be sure, he can remember better than me.
    Normally in a day hunting its more like 20. We use them two ways. We either de-bone and grind them and mix 50/50 with moose or caribou for sausage, or we can them like a stew with taters, carrots, cellery, and onions from the garden. Either way good eatin.
    If we get some young ones early in the season that are not yet eating bark we will fry them up fresh. C'mon up and bring lots a ammo. We have way more fun rabbit huntin than moose huntin. Lots a shootin and little work rabbit huntin or little shootin and lotsa work moose huntin. Wut ya think?
    BIC/BS

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivantherussian03 View Post
    Wow!! I thought we were the only place with snow on the ground.

Right now its still pretty green. But in mid-Feburary when I started this post we had a little bit of snow.

We shouldnt have snow until last week or so of November.
    Doug
    .................................................. ........................................
    Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Taxidermists are cheaper than surgeons....keep shooting

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Some people measure success in Minutes of Angle

Boolit Master
    Right now, what is it about oct 5 we have about 6" in the valley and its getting deep in the mountains. Good rabbit hunting because there not all white yet.

Boolit Master & Generous Contributor

My ears have been bad since I was a child too. Plus like some above I’ve worked in an industrial atmosphere all of my life. Saw mills, oil field, turbine engines and so on. I hardly have any of the high frequency hearing left. I guess that’s good. Most women speak in a high tone voice. My ears have rang for so many years now I wouldn’t know what to do if the ringing were to stop. It would be nice if a bottle of pills could cure the problem.

BTW, I got a nice cotton tail the other day with my .357 Mag.
    If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.
    Samuel Adams

Sam