Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersRepackbox
RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingInline FabricationSnyders Jerky
Load Data Lee Precision

Thread: $2000+ sks

Boolit Grand Master
    Don Verna

ADMIN

If it is indeed serial #1 then why does in not have a bayonet??
    It has the place

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Don't like being hammered by the Cast Boolits Staff, then don't be a nail.
    The rules are simple to follow.

Am I looking at this correctly http://www.milsurps.com/showthread.php?t=26665 Factory 326 made in 1981. Pretty sure there were one or two made before that one if they're going to claim it's the first one. Two piece gas tube, stamped trigger guard. At any rate it has a pinned barrel which means it's a 70's on up.

Boolit Buddy
    Could the first SKS built be different from the first Norinco ever built?

ADMIN

Might be first commercial made one. But norinco been making them since the 60s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Don't like being hammered by the Cast Boolits Staff, then don't be a nail.
    The rules are simple to follow.

Boolit Grand Master
    There is one born every minute.

Boolit Master
    Ha!!! Just because it's number 25 million AND one doesn't make it #1... Of course, we all know that... but there are some people who will pay for a cool serial number... I sold a Nazi-marked PPK long ago, number 301000... One looker (who passed on it) told me he would have paid double my price if that 'one' in the serial number had been another 'zero'...

Boolit Master
    So...just because it has a 25000001 set number people are going nuts over it? I'll pass and keep mine with all the love marks

Boolit Master

Alturas, California...where the west still lives!
    Sure wish I didn't live in California. I'd bid five grand on that puppy immediately.

I also have some swamp land in Florida where I'm going to put my newly purchased Brooklyn bridge............

Boolit Master
    A bridge that big would be great in a swamp lol keeps the gators below you while u choot em with ur 5k sks

Boolit Master

Ah shucks! This lets me out,"We will not ship this gun to California, Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Jersey or New York."
    It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years (Abe Lincoln)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” George Washington

Guy must be on drugs.

Its crazy that folks are bidding on it that high. They are going to get it, and be telling the gun store that does the transfer all about it. When it comes in... the gun store folks are going to be like... that aint number 1, its number 25 million and 1. Then the buyer will learn that only the last several numbers of the serial number is stamped on the guns other parts, not the whole serial number.

Surely the seller has to know that he's misrepresenting? Maybe the seller's that stupid too?

Boolit Grand Master
    It is my understanding that the gun is in the personal collection of the owner of CDNN.

I would have no interest in it even if it was #1. Just posted it for those on this forum who are smarter than I about such things.....and that would not take much...LOL.
    Don Verna

Small world. During the mid 1980's, I was at National gun sales, one of several shops on "gun shop row" on Parthenia st. in Northridge California. Was there to buy a m1896 Swedish Mauser for $69.95. They had a double floor rack of about 40 m96's, and not behind the counter, but up front, so you could pick and choose at your leisure.

Anyway, they had lots of different guns in groups thru out the store. I happened upon some $89.95 as new Chinese, Norinco made SKS's. Not very interested, but noticed a line of zeros on top of the bolt behind the rear sight of one rifle. Picked it up and sure enough, all zero's on every serial numbered part except on the side of the receiver, that # was 2500000. I was mildly interested, but really did not grasp the significance of the find and walked away. A colossal misstep, but this was a time when vast amounts of surplus guns were coming into the country at very low prices. The mauser I bought that day was near new, all matching numbers (on 13 different parts) and had a non threaded barrel. 2 dozen walther PP's filled a display case steps away at $139.95 apiece. A round rack near by had twenty Egyptian hakims, 99 bucks each. In truth, the amount of good deals overloaded my thinking ability at the time and caused the mistake.