Load DataSnyders JerkyTitan ReloadingWideners
Lee PrecisionRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Inline Fabrication Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: An Actual Reloading Store-Not a Gun Store

Boolit Master

When I lived up in St. Joseph Missouri, there was a place called Potters, he was retired and loved to shoot trap. He had the best selection of all types of powder I have ever seen, he also carried a large selection of rifle and pistol reloading supplies. He was located right on my way to Pigeon Hill shooting range, so I could pickup anything I needed on the way home. I always remember going in there and seeing Potter at one of the four shotgun reloading presses he had setup to reload for himself.

Down here in Lebanon Missouri, about 25 miles from where I live now, we have a place caller aptly enough "Reloaders". It's right in town but a little difficult to find. As the name says it caters to reloaders. He is a little low on primers right now, but has powder and j-bullets.
    Ed Barrett
    AKA; elbStJoeMO
    If vegans love animal so much, why do they eat all their food?

Carp! That is close enough (~125-150 miles) that it might be worth a road trip!

Boolit Master
    Hey 375supermag.....don't drop a teaser like that! My Google-Fu sux! I live in southcentral Pa. (Greencastle) and...I need...stuff. Where is this place? Audie....chompin' at the bit....the Oldfart..

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by oldfart1956 View Post
    Hey 375supermag.....don't drop a teaser like that! My Google-Fu sux! I live in southcentral Pa. (Greencastle) and...I need...stuff. Where is this place? Audie....chompin' at the bit....the Oldfart..

Go to post #5 and click on the link. Their website has all the contact info/address on the home page.
    "with liberty and justice for all"...must be 18 or older, not available in all states, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply. D. Stanhope

"The remedy for evil men is not the abrogation of the rights of law abiding citizens. The remedy for evil men is the gallows." Thomas Jefferson

"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them." George Mason Co-author of the Second Ammemdment

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by WILCO View Post
    Sure wish we had a store like that here.
    Tell me about it!!! When I lived in Denver there was one north of town that I went to alot. Reloaders nest or something like that.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by km101 View Post
    Go to post #5 and click on the link. Their website has all the contact info/address on the home page.
    Actually....I was looking for the location of the one in south-central Pa. that 357 mentioned. Audie...the Oldfart..

Boolit Mold
    Ed Barrett I live in Gower if you even knew of gower and have only been there once but i agree it is the best.

Boolit Master

There is a Reloader's Supply Store in Richmond, Ky. (209 St. George St.) 40475 (859-623-0600). The one near me in Richmond, Ky., is very reasonable on powder prices. Have also found primers reasonably priced as well. Big Boomer
    Last edited by Big Boomer; 04-22-2017 at 10:56 AM.

Boolit Master
    On the breaks of the Ohio River South Central Indiana
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Boomer View Post
    There are two Reloader's Supply Stores ... one in Richmond, Ky. (209 St. George St.) 40475 (859-623-0600) and one in Jeffersonville, IN (3808 E 10th Street Unit # 2) 47130 (812-282-4022). The one near me in Richmond, Ky., is very reasonable on powder prices. Have also found primers reasonably priced as well. Big Boomer
    The Jeffersonville IN store is closed and demolished.
    "NUTS" A. Clement McAullife

Boolit Master

As an update, the Profire shop in Indianapolis IN was robbed ofr many class III weapons, suppressors, ammo, etc in 2014. Much was recovered but ATF has refused to return the material. They have a Go Fund Me to help fuel their fight against the ATF. https://www.gofundme.com/profire

Boolit Master & Generous Contributor

I guess a lot has happened in the past 4 yrs.
    If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.
    Samuel Adams

Sam

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by WILCO View Post
    Sure wish we had a store like that here.
    Ditto. There is one near me, 900-air miles away.
    Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory ... lasts forever.
    Retired USN
    NRA Life

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Boomer View Post
    There are two Reloader's Supply Stores ... one in Richmond, Ky. (209 St. George St.) 40475 (859-623-0600) and one in Jeffersonville, IN (3808 E 10th Street Unit # 2) 47130 (812-282-4022). The one near me in Richmond, Ky., is very reasonable on powder prices. Have also found primers reasonably priced as well. Big Boomer
    +1 on the Richmond KY store. It's a 100mile round trip for me but well worth the effort!
    Hope this helps, Stan

There is one in Nicholasville Ky. It too is a little hard to find. The name of the place is Nicholasville Reloading Supplies. He carries everything. He's a Dillon dealer. He buys sells and trades on equipment. You can find him on Facebook also.
    Ky State Director IHMSA
    Hunter Ed Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Boolit Master
    Jerry's Outdoor Supply, 9435 E 51st St, Tulsa, OK 74145.
    It ain't rocket science, it's boolit science.

Boolit Buddy

Smile we got one here in north central indiana

between northwebster and Syracuse, this guy has all sorts of dies components ect, he is getting up in the yrs, and hard of hearing, and has grumpy days, but no one around comes close to what he has carried, now he is the last store around here for reloading stuff,
    anyone in Indiana or Michigan ought to call him, if you are looking for rare brass or bullets he does have stuff that comes in from time to time,
    its crystalbrook enterprises, 574 834 2744,

I look for him to close up in a couple yrs, so don't hesitate, if you got something not that common,

Boolit Master
    Figured I'd put in a plug for our local dedicated reloading store...

Harbor Reloading & Supply
    Phone (727) 446-7233
    Address 2140 Sunnydale Blvd Clearwater, Florida 33765

As mentioned in the OP they have everything you need for reloading -- that's their business.
    Plata o plomo?
    Plomo, por favor!

Boolit Grand Master
    I do not see the business model working. A business needs high margin stuff to stay afloat and/or a lot of volume. Components only will not provide that.

The guys loading 5000 rounds or less a year do not provide the volume. The guys buying in bulk will want at least the same value as they can get from online sellers. And online sellers do not have the expense of a brick and mortar operation.

The last "nail in the coffin" is the vulnerability if/when the supply of components becomes problematic.
    Don Verna

Boolit Master
    It seems most every time I go into places that have goodies on hand the price is such that I realize if I buy from Powdervally or midsouth or grafs I can load so many more hundreds for the same price. It is nice to have hands on or when only needing a little bit of something but I just refuse to pay $39.99 for 1 pound of powder that is $22 or so online. I just save up and get at least 10 pounds and 5K primers at one time and hazmat and shipping does not increase cost of each lb of powder or 1K of primers all that much. I wish I was born rich or figured out how to make boatloads of cash but it just aint so so I remain frugal. Here in FLA there are a whole lot of people who have more money than they know what to do with and almost every legit business that treats people honestly prospers. My hats off to them.

Boolit Master
    We have one here Orr's Reloading and then one in Canyon, TX A&K reloaders. 18 miles south.
    Frank G.