RepackboxInline FabricationLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 9mm getting better but have a couple questions

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by tomme boy View Post
    I use a 38S&W expander for cast and the regular 9mm for jacket or plated
    Works for me as well.
    I also use it with my 38 Specials, to keep the cases from resizing my boolits.

CPL Lou
    CPL Lou

Quote Originally Posted by David2011 View Post
    You wrote in post 16 "but also that the case isn't always perfectly round so the chamfer isn't going to be very consistent" so I thought the cases were not always round. Are the shavings coming from the bases or sides of the boolits? Are the bases square or beveled? If shaving is off the side then the crimp die may be closing the mouth before the boolit is fully seated. Easy solution there is to seat in one step and crimp separately. Easy on your Ammo Plant.

Yeah, that was a lot of lead down range. At one time I was shooting a minimum of 7 matches and organized USPSA Style practice sessions every month. I've used up 2 extractors, broken one slide stop and replaced magazine springs twice. The gun still looks new, built and hard chromed
    by Bob Dawson.
    I'm already seating and crimp separate. I've tried both flat base and my new bevel base boolits similar results. I think it's shaving from the bases but I am not totally certain. I should pull a few more and see. I just don't understand how it can even get up to the mouth because they are so well flared and M stepped when the bullet is placed. Maybe my seat plug isn't the perfect shape.

Boolit Mold
    The ones I hate are the brass cased rounds from overseas that have berdan primers. Already had to replace a recapping rod in my Dillon thanks to one of them that slipped through.

I get once fired rounds too, and occasionally find some with pierced primers. Not sure how they were loaded, but they must've been pretty hot.