Titan ReloadingRepackboxWidenersRotoMetals2
Load DataLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Colt Python 6"

Boolit Grand Master
    I have had 4, I have 2. I would have more if I could afford them. Mine see only light loads these days--there are too few reliable gunsmiths who can correct the timing which will go out through use. .
    However, I would not shoot an unfired example.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Boolit Buddy

Nice find! In the 70's I bought a Trooper MkIII. I wanted the PYTHON bad! It wasn't much more but on an E5 pay it was enough. If I ran across one today I would have to get it.
    "A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, signed a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -- Author Unknown"

Grats, hopefully Colt will come to their senses, and build more DA revolvers. Until then Ruger, and S&W sends Colt a Christmas card every year.

Just kidding don't know if they actually send them a card. But I love your gun, I passed on buying some Pythons years ago, still kicking myself.

It is beautiful! Shoot the snot out of it. Wear the bluing down through honest use. Make some memories with it. There are plenty of safe queens. Admiring beauty isn't near as fun as using beauty!
    Best, Thomas.

Boolit Master

Beautiful gun, colts' blue is my favorite too.

Boolit Bub
    Texas by God nailed it.There is something about a Python. Enjoy it and use it. A friend of mine said it was a mistake to buy a Python elite back in the day for $800.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Guesser View Post
    Mine all get fed my hand cast Lyman 358156 over 15 gr. of H-110. they shoot it almost as well as my Trooper Mark V.
    I use the exact same load in my King Cobra