WidenersTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionLoad Data
RepackboxSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 380acp, 102gr Lee RN and Unique?

Boolit Grand Master

Never got Unique to work well in that diminutive .380 ACP cartridge.....solution is Bullseye......2.5 gr to be exact. Pushes the 105 Lee RN at 740 fps out of my 2.75" barreled AMT Back Up.

Larry Gibson

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JBinMN View Post
    You last two fellers may not have seen it, but this topic was last posted in, back in mid June of 2012.

G'luck to ya though!
    Now two more have posted in this topic...

Folks...

The OP , TNFrank, was last here in:

Last Activity 05-08-2013 05:57 AM

This is an OLD topic you are replying to. I will be surprised if he responds...

Boolit Grand Master

Yes it's an older thread but it's here and current now. Others may read seeking a solution to the same or a similar question. Its why "stickies" remain relevant regardless of when posted.

Larry Gibson

Boolit Master
    OK. I understand about keeping the info around. I have been poring over old topics since I joined. That is why I noticed the date was from 4-5 years ago. I was just trying to help out folks, in case they were not aware of the topics age..

Boolit Grand Master

No problemo.....

Larry Gibson

over the hill, out in the woods and far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gibson View Post
    Never got Unique to work well in that diminutive .380 ACP cartridge.....solution is Bullseye......2.5 gr to be exact. Pushes the 105 Lee RN at 740 fps out of my 2.75" barreled AMT Back Up.
    Larry Gibson
    Here are some of my chronograph data in the .380 ACP:

Velocity of .380 ACP Factory and Heavy Cast Bullet Handloads in Beretta M1934 vs. Ruger LCP

Ammunition Type___________3.4” Beretta M1934______2.75” Ruger LCP

Fiocchi 95-grain FMJRN__________984 fps, 25 Sd, 86ES_______853 fps, 34 Sd, 116 ES

Winchester 95-grain FMJFN_______891 fps, 17 Sd, 44ES_______804 fps, 18 Sd, 63 ES

Remington 102-grain GSHP_______893 fps, 27 Sd, 60ES_______845 fps, 44 Sd, 151 ES

Accurate *36-125T, 2.5 Bullseye____824 fps, 9 Sd, 29 ES______768 fps, 29 Sd, 77ES

115-grain 36-125T-HP 2.5 BE______ 870 fps, 9 Sd, 21 ES_______815 fps, 15 SD, 60 ES

*36-125T is the 37-125T ordered in .359" diameter instead of the usual .366" for the 9x18 MAK, bullets sized .358"

Attachment 190015Attachment 190016Attachment 190017Attachment 190018
    Last edited by Outpost75; 03-08-2017 at 02:18 PM.
    The ENEMY is listening.
    HE wants to know what YOU know.
    Keep it to yourself.

Boolit Bub
    I know its an old post but was hoping someone figured out what is the best powder to use in the 380 with the lee 95gr mold so I dont have to reinvent the wheel. I am new to reloading and could use the advice and greatly appreciate the autocomp comment. I bought the lee and lyman books and was disappointed with the load data. very limited selection for the 95gr lead bullet, mostly lists FMJ. Is it safe to assume you can use FMJ data for lubed lead or powder coated lead?

Boolit Bub
    Yes I know its an old post and greatly appreciate the autocomp comment. I was hoping someone figured out the best load data for the lee 95gr cast bullet so I dont have to reinvent the wheel. I am new to reloading and appreciate any advise. I bought the lee and lyman books and am disappointed with the lead bullet data, mostly lists FMJ. Is it safe to use the FMJ 95gr data inplace of the lead data?

Boolit Bub
    this forum is acting buggy, I also get virus warnings from google ��

Boolit Master

In low pressure cartridges like 380, you can usually load lead to jacketed data. Lead actually requires less pressure to engrave. Hotter cartridges will have leading/poor accuracy due to the lead not holding the higher pressures without slipping on the rifling.

Btw, the other plus of autocomp is it runs well in Lee auto disc at low charges. Red dot and unique were inconsistent at that low of charges without something to vibrate the hopper. I am not just an autocomp fanboy, I only use it in the 380's, but it rocks in that cartridge.
    Last edited by jcren; 03-10-2017 at 07:35 PM.
    "In God we trust, in all others, check the manual!"

Boolit Master
    I have the Lee mold 356-102 2R mold, {< Link} and that is why I looked at this topic to begin with. I have been doing a lot of reading/research here & the title caught my eye.

I have not done anything more yet with the boolits I have cast out of it. Just casted about 50-60 to check it out. Probably tomorrow or sometime this weekend I might load some up. Need to shoot some of the factory stuff I already have, to get the cases I need to work the loads.

This is not the mold that the topic is about., since the RN was mentioned in the OP, but I will be working loads for this type likely in the next week. If I find anything of use to anyone, I will post it.

As I said earlier, I just mentioned the topics age so folks did not look to get replies from the OP if he doesn't hang out here much. Although perhaps he changed his name?? IDK.
    Anyway,
    G'luck!

Boolit Bub
    what loading do you use with titegroup?

Boolit Buddy
    I too am interested in this thread. I am now loading .380 for my glock 42. I have been using 2.8 gr of Bullseye with a 94gr cast pb. Nothing special, but, it "runs the gun". I stopped on this for a while, but, may start back due to the postings here.

rch

Me too

Boolit Man
    I see no mention of Accurate no. 2. I use 3.0 to 3.2 grains of Accurate no. 2 and CCI 500 primers with a 93 grain Meister cast bullet in my Bersa, Walther PPK-S and Browning Black Label 380. Works great, is accurate and fills most of the space available with the bullet seated.

Boolit Mold
    I load 3.0 Unique with the Lee 105 @ .965 OAL. Use it in the 1934,84BB and CZ-83. Works every time & is very accurate @ 15 yds.