WidenersTitan ReloadingRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load DataLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
Inline Fabrication

Thread: Hornady Lock-N-Load Powder Question

Boolit Bub

Hornady Lock-N-Load Powder Question

The only press I've reloaded on is a Lee Classic Turret. The powder through die is different for each caliber.

I'm considering ordering a Hornady LNL and I don't understand how the powder is dispensed. A 45 case is a lot larger than a 380, or 9mm case. I'm hoping to use my Lee Dies in 9mm, 380 and 45 ACP. Do I need a Hornady Powder Through die for each caliber, that I'm reloading? If not, just how does the Hornday work? Is it worth it to order Hornady dies?

I already have Hornady LNL shell plates for 9mm, 380 and 45 ACP. What else is recommended?

Boolit Bub
    Duh! I don't know why I had a brain fart? Well, I do. I don't want to make any mistakes when I order the LNL. Each caliber has a powder through die, with the case mouth expander. Sorry for the wasted band width.

Boolit Master
    Go through these videos, set it up like that and you won't have any issues.

https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=...9gIzfzEWzn10Hl

Boolit Master

You can also use the Lee Auto Disk on the LnL AP. I do this for all pistol realoading as well as for some rifle. The double disk kit adds a lot of versatility.
    Liberalism is the triumph of emotion over intellect, but masquerading as the reverse.

I don't know how we ever shot maximum loads before P/C come along and saved us all. R5R

"No mosque in the United States flies an American flag."

"Dueling should have never been made illegal in this country. It settled lots of issues between folks."- Char-Gar

Boolit Master
    If you are figuring on getting the Hornady auto-drop powder measure with the L-N-L press, it doesn't use the powder-thru dies: it has different length inserts in the drop mechanism depending on whether you are loading rifle, small rifle, or pistol cartridges. For your 3 cartridges you would use the long (pistol) insert with some minor length adjustments of the measure when changing between cartridges.