Views:	40 
Size:	17.2 KB 
ID:	192474
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cc4.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	21.2 KB 
ID:	192475
    I like 1911's and Wheel Guns , Wood Stocks and Blue Metal , Dislike Black on Black and Magazines on Rifles whats this country coming to.
    Amateur Radio Station -KB5SMG- since 1994 Call sign change as of 8-15-17 WB5MG *** My Station now consist of a new * Icom 7300 * along with a new * Ameritron AL-80B Amp * and various other goodies. * Alinco DX70T * HF radio in my truck I can Be emailed at rockinpmanager@gmail.com

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega View Post
    That there is the problem, and the solution to the problem as well. There really isn't much to an AR, and they are cheap to make but it is a Lego Toy for adults that like to tinker. If the gun manufacturers want to sell ARs, they are going to have to make them more one-of-a-kind, and give them some style. Using rollmarks just isn't enough anymore, ceracoat/duracoat maybe, but my money is on those that design a little form into it such as these from Spikes:
    Attachment 192248
    Attachment 192247
    Or function:

Attachment 192249
    Also, better triggers, fluted barrels, take down versions, decent stocks etc, etc. As much as these weapons have now become the Modern Sporting Rifle as opposed to the Evil Black Rifle, they are now so common and inexpensive that everyone who wants one can get one. Is that really a bad thing?

Please no more of these. They look like they are made for gangsta wannabes or PlayStation zombie hunters.
    PULL YOUR PANTS UP AND STRAIGHTEN YOUR HAT PLEASE.
    Dennis

Quote Originally Posted by oldblinddog View Post
    If it is an investment then this is not the time to sell. Just like in the market, stock prices will be down (and up) again. So will gun prices, just have patience.
    After getting caught in the panic, I bought 15 lowers and LPK's to put away. Couldn't hurt.
    Collector and shooter of guns and other items that require a tax stamp, Lead and brass scrounger. Never too much brass, lead or components in inventory! Always looking to win beauty contests with my reloads.

Boolit Buddy

I did the same and built 10 , that was going to be my new ride , but that aint gona happen now , untill we have another panic or scare ., I have 2 that I havent finished, and I more or less put them on the back burner
    I like 1911's and Wheel Guns , Wood Stocks and Blue Metal , Dislike Black on Black and Magazines on Rifles whats this country coming to.
    Amateur Radio Station -KB5SMG- since 1994 Call sign change as of 8-15-17 WB5MG *** My Station now consist of a new * Icom 7300 * along with a new * Ameritron AL-80B Amp * and various other goodies. * Alinco DX70T * HF radio in my truck I can Be emailed at rockinpmanager@gmail.com

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackleberry41 View Post
    EVERYBODY jumped on the AR band wagon. It was great when sales were up, now they are giving Anderson lowers away with other purchase. And all the ARs are just cookie cutter guns, seems like if you pick up 10 ARs in a shop, they are all the same except the brand on the side. I go into a shop all they sell is the carbine parts. I had to hunt for a full length stock set up. Seems in such a market they might slow production, let the demand catch up. Butt seems everybody is pumping product out, flooding an already flooded market. How about something different for once, but without the price tag. Any deviation from the basic M4 carbine, the price doubles. Then they cant sell the over priced product and say nobody wants it. No we want it, but dont think we should have to pay 2x the price because they changed the program on a CNC machine. I would like one that is designed for pistol calibers, but without paying over $1000.
    I'm with you on the pistol calibers. If they come out with a good .45, I'd be all over it. Have plenty of the regular ARs from 14" to 26" sniper but as someone else said, would stock up on my parts drawers when they come down. Just bought a couple bolts, other parts that were cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by kmrra View Post
    They made the Competition rifles only, the head guys at colt in Heartford claimed that the AR market is going to plunge ????. It bad that those people lost their jobs since they have only been in Texas for just a couple years
    I saw $399 AR's at the last gunshow I went to. I remember talking to someone a few gunshows ago and they said they would never get that low. I don't pay much attention to the AR market so I dont know if that is the new entry price point but I'm used to seeing the low end around $500.

Boolit Master

ARs are getting cheaper than SKSs......
    You can miss fast & you can miss a lot, but only hits count.

Boolit Master
    From what I red Colt is on its last legs. They are running out of money and products.
    No hedge funds will touch them as they bought all the other gun manufacturers.
    Leadmelter
    MI

Boolit Master

A friend of mine went to a LGS and laid down $1k for a new Colt SAA in .45 Colt. He hasn't gotten one yet..............that was 3 years ago. His money is still there! No wonder they are going out of business. They could sell product if they could get it to market. I told my friend that I don't think that he will ever see one. Oh, one came in to that LGS after about 4 months. It had a 4 5/8 barrel though and he wanted a 7 inch...............so I bought it!

For how it was before. With the buying of the AR's and who was in office. The gun companys was make the money more then they was plan and they went over time and some went as far built up new plants.Some did not because they where thinking it did not last. Same as the ammo company.some did not expand and some did and now things came to drop the market for how things are now and since the ones that was in office are not any more.So now there will be other changes to come in others company.That is how I see it.
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Leadmelter View Post
    From what I red Colt is on its last legs. They are running out of money and products.
    No hedge funds will touch them as they bought all the other gun manufacturers.
    Leadmelter
    MI
    Colt has been raided by a private equity fund that loaded it up with almost half a billion dollars of debt.

Colt has been on shaky ground for decades. It's not the first time the company has been bankrupt either.

Colt let other companies walk away with the 1911 business. Sure they still build them but how often do you see on on the shelf? If you do find one how many Kimbers, Springfield Armory, Remington, Ruger Sig, and other 1911 pistols are sitting beside it?

All the SAA pistols are built by the Custom Shop. They could triple production of that one item and sell everyone they make. But the owners aren't interested in building guns, they are interested in how much money they can suck out of the company before they drop it like a wet snot rag.
    Semper Fi!

Currently casting for .223, .308, .30-06, .30-40 Krag, 9mm, .38/.357, 10mm, 44 Mag and 45 ACP.

I like strange looking boolits!

NRA Patriot Life Endowment member.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Walkingwolf View Post
    No desire for an AR, but feel sorry for those who bought them purely for an investment. There will be a lot of layoffs in the firearms industry for a couple years. It will pick up come after midterms.
    I know someone that bought ARs 10 at a time and filled grocery carts with magazines until the store put limits on sales. No sympathy for him!
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris